[0.6] How to change default YaVDR 0.6 video recording folder? [Solved]

• Hi.

Before writing my question, I wanted to congratulate you for your great job.

I am trying to configure YaVdr 0.6 (ike in 0.5 version) with a different recording folder (/srv/vdr/video/). The folder I want to user is in my home folder (/home/javier/recordings), because yaVdr installation partition is too small, and I configure home in a differente partition to do my recordings there with a bigger size.

I created "/etc/yavdr/templates_custom/etc/default/vdr/15_folderRecordings" with this line inside:
    VIDEO_DIR=/home/javier/recordings/

After that, I run process-template /etc/default/vdr and I restart vdr, but it seems not to work properly. The default recording folder do not change.

I searched in the forum, but the translations from German to Spanish are realy wrong, I am sorry if the questyon is already answered.

Can someone help me to change de default recording forder?.

Thanks and regards.
    Javier B.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• yavdr is using /etc/vdr/conf.d for configuring the parameters of vdr.

Add a file 02-videodir.conf with the content

Code
    [vdr]
    --videodir=/home/javier/recordings/

and restart vdr.

"vdr --showargs" shows you the parameters vdr uses.

Lars.

• Hi again. Thanks for the answer.

After doing that, and restart vdr, vdr can not show the tv again. After restart vdr, it seems hanged up with a screen with YaVdr image. After reboot, a black screen appears and only the menu on the left of the screen can be accesed with the mouse. I have had to delete the file 02-videodir.conf and reboot in order to recover the tv in vdr.

May be it is necessary to change some link?

Regards.
    Javier B.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Are the folder permission correct? The vdr process runs as user/group vdr and needs sufficient permissions for entering, reading and writing to the recording folder (have a look at the syslog, it will tell you if something goes wrong). Also instead of changing the path for the recording directory (which might have additional side-effects) you could just add a mount-bind entry to your fstab, to make the directory available also at the expected place in your filesystem tree:

Code
    /home/javier/recordings    /srv/vdr/video        none    bind

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hi.

I changed the recordings folder with "sudo chmod -R vdr:vdr", but I did not check permissions.

Thanks for give me another option to solve the problem. I will check the permissions in the firs option and I will also try the second one.

Regards.
    Javier B.

• I changed the recordings folder with "sudo chmod -R vdr:vdr", but I did not check permissions.

I wonder how this would work without throwing an error - do you mean "sudo chown -R vdr:vdr"?

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Yes. I am sorry for the error I changed the recordings folder with "sudo chown -R vdr:vdr"

Regards.
    Javier B.

• Hi.

I have tried the change proposed in /etc/fstab and it seems working fine.

Thanks a lot. I will try also the other option in a few days, when everything is working fine.

Thanks and regards.

Javier B.

• Now I have I think the same problem, but the solution proposed here does not work for me.

I have a set-up of a small SSD disk for system, and a separate HDD for data (recordings). With yavdr05 (and all earlier versions) it worked ok, just defined the VIDEO_DIR to point into the right location.

Now today, I installed a fresh yavdr0.6.1, and well, some problems appeared.

First I had issues with nvidia drivers (I thought), but they gor resolved by cleaning the xorg.conf. So far so good. I did manage to get (almost) everything to work, but not my recordings. If I keep the parameters as-is, vdr works fine but of course does not see the recordings. If I change the videodir in /etc/vdr/conf.d/02-videodir.conf, the vdr fails to start (black screen, X is working ok but vdr process is in some in-between state). And if I add the bind-mount to fstab, exactly the same result.

Then I tried to make a symlink from /srv/vdr/video to my recordings /media/tera2/recordings, and - voila - it booted. But after a couple of minutes it hung up. Rebooted, same result.

I tried the same with empty recordings folder (on this separate HDD) to see if there is some content that would cause the problem, but no, same result. So the problem is with vdr accessing the recordings from the separate disk (not remote btw, just a regular local hard disk on the same PC)

Now I'm back with yavdr05, but any and all help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

-kari

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!