yaVDR 5.0 plugin atscepg

• Clean installation of yaVDR 5.0
    4 ATSC tuners are the only input to yaVDR (in USA, obviously :D)

ran: (sudo)
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install vdr-plugin-atscepg

Your help (in English if possible) very much appreciated.

Thank you!
    Todd

• vdr-plugin-atscepg is not part of the distribution yaVDR. Anyway, sitting in a train with a little spare time I have made a rebuild of the plugin. Give it a try, please.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Thank you very much for your help. That did the trick!

Is there a thread you could point me to that discusses the requirements for building plugins to keep pace with the releases of yaVDR for this environment? It wasn't so long ago that I was building this all from source so I am fully capable, but yaVDR does a lot of things...differently.

Alternately who should I have contacted instead?

Thank you again!
    -Todd

• Don't worry, in future we will try to keep this plugin current. In the case we will forget it again, you know where you can find us :)

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Thanks!

There is one other issue I have been chasing for awhile but it is unrelated to this thread so I should start another in a more appropriate area. Is there any way to force a tuner to tune to a supported channel when it isn't being used as the primary tuner? I get constant streams of:

Zitat

[ 74.431112] lgdt330x: lgdt3303_read_status: Modulation set to unsupported value

to DMESG, and eventually the unoccupied tuners stop responding. Clearly not yaVDR related, but I thought I would ask.

-Todd

• hmm..

Zitat

ran: (sudo)
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install vdr-plugin-atscepg

Hopefully you did a apt-get dist-upgrade instead of upgrade...

[size=10]nOpacity: Icons
    [size=10]skindesigner: tryoutsglassy

• For Kernel 3.3 there seams to be a patch for the frontend:

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hyperm…/kernel/1203.3/03195.html

And by the way for yavdr:

Code
    sudo apt-get upgrade

is not recommended to be used,
    only

Code
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

should be used.

• Hopefully you did a apt-get dist-upgrade instead of upgrade...

Anyway, he asked for building packages, not for installing them.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• Anyway, he asked for building packages, not for installing them.

Gerald

True, but I would have not known otherwise...I rarely check in on the current accepted usage of apt commands. In the past I would dist-upgrade only when I was prepared for catastrophic failure of the process ;) On a 'production' machine that requires a high Wife Acceptance Factor, that used to be less often than might be prudent from a maintenance standpoint, but currency was less important than successful operation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!