[0.4] Scheduled wake up in yaVDR 0.4 stopped working [Solved: Seems ACPI in Xtreamer box is broken]

• Hi.

Yesterday I realized that, the automatic wake up I had configured did not work. It does not work even for scheduled recordings.

I have the file "/etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf" configured like that:

ACPI_ENABLED="yes"
    ACPI_START_AHEAD=5
    ACPI_REGULAR_DAYS="1 2 3 4 5 6 7"
    ACPI_REGULAR_TIME=06:20

I have configured the shutdown method as a total shutdown.
    I have yaVDR 0.4 updated (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade)
    VDR version is 1.7.27

It worked perfectly time ago, but about a couple of weeks it stop working (I am not sure when it stopped working).

Can someone tell me what to check to recover the automatic wake up?

Thanks and regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Hi again.

I have tried to reconfigure ACPI wakeup in yavdr configuration web page and changing some parameter in BIOS (default configuration worked fine days ago), with no luck.

Is there some info that I can give to identify the problem?

Thanks,
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• I have uninstalled yavdr/testing-vdr source to try something. I will let you know if it works.

jbjbjb

• Hi,

Sorry that you've been let alone with this problem. I don't use the regular wakeup but maybe I'll find someone in the team who use this feature.
    And I have to look into this to understand this feature first... :)

Lars.

• I have uninstalled yavdr/testing-vdr source to try something. I will let you know if it works.

but maybe I'll find someone in the team who use this feature.

Well, I do use this feature, but not with the Natty packages, Lucid & Precise. Both our 1.7.27 packages, does run perfectly since a long time and the Lucid and Natty packages are identical.

jbjbjb

Have you done any BIOS update recently? Do you still have some syslog output from your installation? Just to check if the machine tries to set wakeup time?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Hi,

ACPI_START_AHEDAD=5

I think, this is just a typo in this post, isn't it?

Please post the part of the syslog, where the vdr shuts down. There must be something like

Code
    hdvdr vdr-shutdown: executing /usr/share/vdr/shutdown-hooks/S90.acpiwakeup as shell script
    hdvdr vdr-addon-acpiwakeup: Setting ACPI alarm time to: 2012-10-17 19:06:00
    hdvdr vdr-addon-acpiwakeup: Writing to /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
    hdvdr vdr-addon-acpiwakeup: Writing to /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
    hdvdr vdr-shutdown: executing /usr/share/vdr/shutdown-hooks/S90.custom as shell script
    hdvdr vdr-shutdown: executing /usr/share/vdr/shutdown-hooks/S90.nvram-wakeup as shell script
    hdvdr vdr-nvram-wakeup: nvram-wakeup functionality is disabled
    hdvdr vdr-shutdown: executing /usr/share/vdr/shutdown-hooks/S91.lifeguard as shell script
    hdvdr vdr-shutdown: executing /usr/share/vdr/shutdown-hooks/S99.shutdown

Lars.

• jbjbjb
    Have you done any BIOS update recently? Do you still have some syslog output from your installation? Just to check if the machine tries to set wakeup time?

Hi.

Nope, I have not done any BIOS update. I do not know if the BIOS can have been corrupted in any way, but I think this is a remote possibility because I can enter on it an see his configuration.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi,

I think, this is just a typo in this post, isn't it?

I am sorry, I made a typo error when I wrote the message.
    The correct line is: "ACPI_START_AHEAD=5"

The lines you ask for:

I think everything seems right.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi,

That looks ok so far. When you look into the BIOS, do you see the wakeup time at the corresponding menu (APM or similar)?

Lars.

• When you look into the BIOS, do you see the wakeup time at the corresponding menu (APM or similar)?

The point here is, this function needs to be disabled as a general rule, so probably nothing to see then. Yes, there are mainboards out there, where users need to enable it, but this is the small minority ... :)

Best would be to find a sneak way to debug "/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm" ... ?

jbjbjb

Have you change anything, any update, played somehow with the installation? Each small detail might be important. The thing is, acpiwakeup ist one of the functions, that causes zero problems. In some cases the mainboard will not wakeup, I guess this is a lower single digit percentage, but the script still does work ...

As we can see vdr-addon-acpiwakeup does work and tries to set the wakeup time, from here I would suggest to check hw ... ?

Regards
    fnu

• The point here is, this function needs to be disabled as a general rule, so probably nothing to see then. Yes, there are mainboards out there, where users need to enable it, but this is the small minority ... :)

In my case the function was disabled when wakeup worked, and now it keeps disabled, so, I think that this is not the issue.

Well, sometimes I update with this line:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y

Can that "-y" have done some modification, assuming "yes" in all responses when I updated a couple of weeks ago?

I do not think so, but could be a possibility.

"/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm" is empty now, I do not know if it should keep the last wake up time.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Well, sometimes I update with this line:

:hat2

Well, I had other things in my mind, like resetting or updating BIOS, a box swap etc. ... ;)

So, bottomline same box, no changes in BIOS since ancient times? Oh, btw. what's the time in your BIOS? It should really be UTC ... ? You can check with "hwclock".

Regards
    fnu

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Hi,
    I have the same problem with my VDR.
    I use Ubuntu 12.04 with the yavdr ppa's. (1.7.31)

So far I tested the ACPI funktion with:

Code
    sudo sh -c "echo `date '+%s' -d '+ 2 minutes'` > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"

System starts... All fine..

As next I checked the Shutdown Hook
    /usr/share/vdr/shutdown-hooks/S90.acpiwakeup
    In the function for time write in /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm I added a echo "$1" > file
    Result: Created file emtpy (also with $@)

At the moment it seems that vdr call the script but don't give them the needed parameter.

cheers
    BlueCase

• At the moment it seems that vdr call the script but don't give them the needed parameter.

Hmm, interessting, I do use 1.7.27 with that addon-acpiwakeup, does run perfectly. But this is a good hint to check, thanks.

Regards
    fnu

• But It would be nice when you can share with me your testresult.

:?:

• Hi. In BIOS, I did not make any change at all since I installed yavdr 0.4 time ago.
    The time in bios is utc as you say.

Regards
    jbjbjb

• Perhaps it's a conflict with a other plugin on my system. (I don't believe that but possible is all)

Well, just in case, "vdr -V" launch in my case:

I do not remember to have installed anything new lately. At least willingly...

Regards
    jbjbjb

• jbjbjb

Could you please try the wakeup manually, following BlueCase' example? Use a timeframe at least 10min ahead, better 30 if possible.

Just to check if it does work at all with your machine.

Cheers
    fnu

• Ok, today I am working outside my city, I will try this weekend.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!