[SOLVED... ?] One problem solved with remote, another (bigger) comes

• Ok, now my remote on YaVdr 0.3 (Acer Revo/Technisat Usb hd etc etc) doesn't crash the system anymore. But it doesn't work. Only numbers from 0 to 9 do work. The receiver is seen by the system (event7) and placed in /dev/lirc0, mode2 reveals that signal packet are seen, but irw reads only the numbers; the lircd.conf right file in etc/lirc has no effect.
    Does anyone know how the remote system works in YaVdr 0.3? Or is there an howto to follow?

Thanks
    Stefano
    Italy

• Install evtest and test your receiver if all keys are recognized:

Code
    sudo apt-get install evtest
    sudo evtest /dev/input/event7

Probably you will either need to deactivate lircd and use the remote-plugin or activate inputlircd (then stop vdr, move your old remote.conf away, start vdr again and let your VDR learn the keys).

in general I would highly recommend an update to a newer yaVDR Version, because especially for those HID remote receivers nearly everything works out of the box.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Thanks seahawk1986

in general I would highly recommend an update to a newer yaVDR Version, because especially for those HID remote receivers nearly everything works out of the box.

that's what I did... As my Acer Revo got support for 64bit, I've installed on a second hd YaVdr 0.5 alpha1. It's based on Precise, so kernel 3.2.0-27 has the driver for Technisat Usb Hd. Copied firmware, DVB worked out in a second with "modprobe dvb-usb-technisat-usb2" and also the remote got working "out of the box". So I took away some dust from an old One for All and mapped for Vdr and I have a "true remote" both for Tv and player.

You were right...
    Stefano
    Vicenza, Italy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!