help asus gt520 problem

• hello all

i have bought a nvidia gt520 from asus to replace my old 8500gt

if i put the gt520 on the system start the computer but wen i gone start xine ou xineliboutput says no signal ----------------hdmi connection

if i put the gt520 on the system start the comp uter but wen i gone start xine ou xineliboutput never start but never says no signal------------dvi

i use the 1920x1080 60 hz

if i try to change the resolution or xine for xineliboutput the browser says error wrting and the cpu crash

put again the 8500gt all working fine

any ideia

• any ideia

Possible if you give more information. You post in yaVDR subforum, but I see in your signature only Kubuntu. What kind of a system you have?

Albert

• yavdr 0.4

You have changed your video card. YaVDR permanently stores the settings of the display. The settings will be detected by video driver.
    It would be a good idea to recognize the TV again. You can do it with the WFE.
    WFE -> Settings -> Hardware -> Display -> "looking for Display again" (or alike) -> SAVE!
    Set the refresh rate to 50 Hz!

Albert

• Set the refresh rate to 50 Hz!

Only possible for LCD TV´s and not Computer LCD´s. Maybe you has choosen the wrong refresh rate und the monitor is not able to show this.
    Have you modified anything in xine.conf or xorg.conf? maybe a process-template /etc/X11/xorg.conf.yavdr should reset it and then rescan the connected Monitor over the Webfrontend.

You are using hdmi or dvi connection? Adapters?

Proxmox VE, Tyan Xeon Server, OMV, MLD-Server 5.1
    MLD 5.1 64bit: Asus AT5iont-t, ION2, 4GB Ram, SSHD 2,5" 1Tb, HEX TFX 300W 82+, Cine S2 V6.2 , 38W max.
    Yavdr 0.5:
    Zotac D2550ITXS-A-E mit GT610 OB, TT S2-4100 PCI-e ,Joujye NU-0568I-B
    Yavdr 0.5:
    Sandy Bridge G840, Tests und Energieverbrauch , CoHaus CIR, Cine S2 V6.2
    MLD 5.1 Beebox N3150
    , DVBSky S960 und 1Tb WD Blue

• hdmi connection

Only possible for LCD TV´s and not Computer LCD´s.

I have the LG monitor L245WP-BN. With them is a refresh rate of 50 Hz via HDMI possible (TV mode), but basically you have right with the monitor and 60 Hz.
    However, I run it in PC mode. This means: mode is 1:1, DVI to HDMI (60 Hz).

Albert

• hello again

if i use dvi to hdmi on 8500gt all works fine (she dont have hdmi only dvi)

i can set the display rescan monitor and all work fine 60 hz or 50 hz

if i put the gt520 and connect direct hdmi i can see the pc boot and the post put wone yavdr start vdr the tv says no signal

if i connect gt520 by dvi i can see the mouse but vdr dont start

i try from web to rescan monitor and the pc hangs every time

i gone try on another computer ( windows system to are sure the card is good even if it is new

one question

how to reset xorg.conf from yavdr

any one have a xorg.conf whit this card???

• how to reset xorg.conf from yavdr

Torsten explained this:

Zitat

maybe a process-template /etc/X11/xorg.conf.yavdr should reset it

Mein VDR: OrigenAE/Amisos X15e, ASUS A68HM-K A68H FM2+ mATX, AMD A4 5300, 4 GB DDR3, WD Green 1 TB, Nvidia GT 430 PCIe, KNC One DVB-C Karte, 7" TFT (GraphTFT, ohne Touch), irtrans-Empfänger + Harmony 300i, yaVDR 0.6.2, 32" Toshiba 32XV635D, 2.1 Boxen-Set Edifier C2 rev2, Kabelprovider Wilhelm Tell (ohne Grundverschlüsselung), 10 TB extern (USB) für Serien und Filme.
    Hinweis für Allergiker: Dieser Beitrag kann Spuren von Nüssen enthalten.

• Torsten explained this:

i remove this file and reboot or there a backup on yavdr to put in this place???

the strange is all works fine whit this xorg.conf and my 8500gt

i am reading a few people whit problems and this card

• i remove this file and reboot or there a backup on yavdr to put in this place???

Neither remove nor backup.

Open a SSH session and type the following

Code
    sudo -s
    stop vdr
    mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.yavdr /etc/X11/xorg.conf.yavdr.bak
    mv /etc/X11/edid.0.yavdr /etc/X11/edid.0.yavdr.bak
    process-template /etc/X11/xorg.conf.yavdr
    start vdr

and then, if necessary, once again

"WFE -> Settings -> Hardware -> Display -> "looking for Display again" (or alike) -> SAVE!"

Albert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!