yaVDR v0.4 woosh

• Hello to all, this is my first post here.

Since December 2010 I use yaVDR v0.3 with good results.
    This week for the first time I would try yaVDR v0.4.

yaVDR v0.4. been installed several times, with different symptoms:
    1st time: installation without TeVii S660 connected; TeVii is never been recognized.
    2nd time: installation TeVii connected TeVii recognized after reboot.
    but server (XBMC) XVDR loses every 5sec. the connection.
    3th time: installation again, but forgot to connect the S660 TeVii
    4th time: see note 2, and to repair this XVDR problem I did also:
    # sudo apt-get update
    # sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    and a black sreen of death apears (BSOD)
    5th time: Menu key changed from KEY_PROG1 in KEY_MEDIA

There is a problem with MCE remote recognition.
    Menu key is not recognized.
    Back / Exit button is not recognized.

Some commands (only the Menu button from the remote)

This is apparently not sufficient
    /etc/eventlircd.d/mce.evmap
    KEY_PROG1 = # KEY_MENU Taste GO

So I must change that line in LIRC.Menu KEY_PROG1 in /etc/vdr/remote.conf
    only then the remote Menu-button responds on the TV-screen

Last time that I re-installed.
    The MENU key is changed: KEY_MEDIA instead of KEY_PROG1

Code
    # irw 
    94 0 KEY_MEDIA devinput

and XBMC loses connection with XVDR every 5 seconds,
    Connected, Connection lost

The questions are:
    Why is the remote does not fully recognize right after likewise in yaVDR v0.3 after a key-scan
    Why lose XBMC the XVDR connection.

Thanks.
    Henk.

• There is a problem with MCE remote recognition.
    Menu key is not recognized.
    Back / Exit button is not recognized.

There have been a lot of changes regarding remotes in the linux kernel since yaVDR 0.3. Your receiver is configured by rc-core in yaVDR 0.4, not by lircd - so please disable lircd in the webfrontend if it is active.

As your remote is recognized as

Code
    # ir-keytable 
    Found / sys/class/rc/rc0 / (/ dev/input/event4) with: 
    Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce 
    Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY LIRC 
    Enabled protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY LIRC 
    Repeat delay = 500 ms, 33 ms repeat Period =

According to the following rule in /etc/rc_maps.cfg your keynames are stored in this keytable /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/HOPLOrc6:

Code
    mceusb  *                       /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/HOPLOrc6

Just rename them there as needed and reload the keytable by "sudo ir-keytable -w /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/HOPLOrc6".

If all keys work for you copy this keytable into /etc/rc_keymaps/ and change the rule in /etc/rc_maps.cfg accordingly (best way to do this is by templating your changes so it won't be overwritten by future updates):

Code
    mceusb  *                       /etc/rc_keymaps/HOPLOrc6

Why lose XBMC the XVDR connection.

Have a look at your syslog - are there restarts of vdr or other events that could cause this problem?

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Thanks

Zitat

Have a look at your syslog - are there restarts of vdr or other events that could cause this problem?

I'll do that this weekend, I'll have to swap the harddrive's (one with yaVDR v.03 with the one with yaVDR v.04 ; I'll keep HDD stored on safe place, you know)
    I hope it will giv's some errors in the log.

Zitat

There have been a lot of changes regarding remotes in the linux kernel
    since yaVDR 0.3. Your receiver is configured by rc-core in yaVDR 0.4,
    not by lircd - so please disable lircd in the webfrontend if it is
    active.

Because the Menu-button of the remote did't respond I swithed that option on in the webfrontend, thats weird, to turn it off.
    But I'll try that one to.

Henk.

• thats weird, to turn it off.

Lircd is not used for your remote at all - in yaVDR we had to follow the changes in newer linux kernel an lircd has been replaced by rc-core for the most remote receivers. Our goal is to provide an automatic preconfiguration for most rc-core reveivers - but since most rc-core keymaps are quite inconsistant to each other there is still a long way to go...
    And I have to admit that an english documentation of this topic in yaVDR is still missing.

• and XBMC loses connection with XVDR every 5 seconds,
    Connected, Connection lost

I can approve this. Installed new XBMC from testing last week and tought this may be the problem.
    But this behavior is newer, since yesterday. There were a lot of upates. hmmmm
    I wonder about the XVDR errors, even when I deactivate the PVR-XVDR-AddOn in XBMC.

Mein VDR: OrigenAE/Amisos X15e, ASUS A68HM-K A68H FM2+ mATX, AMD A4 5300, 4 GB DDR3, WD Green 1 TB, Nvidia GT 430 PCIe, KNC One DVB-C Karte, 7" TFT (GraphTFT, ohne Touch), irtrans-Empfänger + Harmony 300i, yaVDR 0.6.2, 32" Toshiba 32XV635D, 2.1 Boxen-Set Edifier C2 rev2, Kabelprovider Wilhelm Tell (ohne Grundverschlüsselung), 10 TB extern (USB) für Serien und Filme.
    Hinweis für Allergiker: Dieser Beitrag kann Spuren von Nüssen enthalten.

• Mein VDR: OrigenAE/Amisos X15e, ASUS A68HM-K A68H FM2+ mATX, AMD A4 5300, 4 GB DDR3, WD Green 1 TB, Nvidia GT 430 PCIe, KNC One DVB-C Karte, 7" TFT (GraphTFT, ohne Touch), irtrans-Empfänger + Harmony 300i, yaVDR 0.6.2, 32" Toshiba 32XV635D, 2.1 Boxen-Set Edifier C2 rev2, Kabelprovider Wilhelm Tell (ohne Grundverschlüsselung), 10 TB extern (USB) für Serien und Filme.
    Hinweis für Allergiker: Dieser Beitrag kann Spuren von Nüssen enthalten.

• Have you tried setting up the connection timeout to about 4 - 5 seconds?

• Have a look at your syslog - are there restarts of vdr or other events that could cause this problem?

I did it's a long, long list so I shorten it up.

## are shortened because these lists are to long to post, and it's repeating for every provider.

XVDR connection lose every 3-5 sec. even if I adjust the time-out settings in XVDR Client (XBMC Plug-in);
    connect timeout (s) 10
    That doesn't help the message apear every 3-5sec. eq. connection lost/restored.
    If I disable Live-TV then it is over , but that is not mented to be.

Further more the remote Menu key and EXIT/Back doesn't respond in XBMC.
    But I have to say that I didn't change the template's that you advised me to do so.

But I did a update apt-get install XVDR to update XVDR (if possible) but that didn't help either.
    Hope that you can isolate some problems.

Henk.

• In addition dmesg has also an XVDR error, also a shorten list;

and it goes on and on.
    Maybe something usefull.
    Henk.

• Have you tried those XBMC Packages: Neues XBMC für yaVDR 0.4 in testing
    (XBMC seems to be running fine with them, it just takes a while until the tv database is ready)

• Last log is showing the reason for the disconnect, vdr crashes with a segfault in xvdr Plugin. Btw - please provide a useful title for your post or explain what woosh means in technical terms :P

A stable running xbmc is one of the sites we currently try to solve with the availability of XBMC Eden.

VDR User: 87 - LaScala LC14B - LG/Phillipps 6,4" VGA Display | Asrock H61/U3S3 | G630T | 1x 16GB Mobi Mtron 3035 1x WD 750GB 2,5" |1x L4m DVB-S2 Version 5.4

• The update is done.
    yaVDR start up normaly, XBMC have a new fault (XVDR trouble is gone).

An alert-box apears saying:

No PVR add-on enabled
    The PVR manager is enabled, without any enabled PVR Add-on
    But XVDR client is enabled
    VNSI client enabled

Also the other default clients, but the PVR error remains.

Any hints?

Henk.

• Disable all exept xvdr and restart XBMC. After the next start updating the TV-database will take some time.

• Last log is showing the reason for the disconnect, vdr crashes with a segfault in xvdr Plugin. Btw - please provide a useful title for your post or explain what woosh means in technical terms :P

A stable running xbmc is one of the sites we currently try to solve with the availability of XBMC Eden.

Woosh is a puzzle or problem to solve.
    If you like I will change the tittle.
    I agree it's not well known.

• Disable all exept xvdr and restart XBMC. After the next start updating the TV-database will take some time.

Nope.

Even after a reboot.
    Error still remains, and in XBMC, -System- -System Info- -PVR Service- there is no info, everything is empty, and XVDR is enabled
    Which log(s) do you need, and which part's.

• Have you tried resetting the tv database?
    Syslog and XBMC's log (/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log) would be interesting. You could use the tool pastebinit an post the links to the paste bins:

Code
    sudo apt-get install pastebinit
    cat /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
    sudo cat /var/log/syslog | pastebinit

• Syslog and XBMC's log (/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log) would be interesting. You could use the tool pastebinit an post the links to the paste bins:

This is I'll think the problem;

I have reset the TV-Database several times within XBMC, again no result.

• remove the entire /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc directory and start xbmc again.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Then stop XBMC, delete all TV databases:

Code
    sudo rm /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/userdata/Database/TV*.db

Then try again (you will have to reenable the xvdr-addon).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!