Help with vdr-plugin-xmltv2vdr

• Hi friends,

I am using yavdr 0.4. with IPTV plugin and using xmltv2vdr perl script to import EPG.
    And it is working perfect.

Now I want to use vdr-plugin-xmltv2vdr
    I have made file in /var/lib/epgsources/tv_grab_in

pipe
    0080.STAR PLUS.in
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    etc

The problem is plugin gives error mapping channels which have (space) in channel id name.
    but my epg provider (whatsonindia) this type of xml files and channel id.
    So I cant map channels whose id have (space)
    please help me

Thanks in advance.

yavdr 0.4 testing branch /// asus p5k mb /// intel core2quad /// 4 gb ddr2 /// geforce gtx550 /// creative sb 24 bit /// dvbhd 2080p dvb-s2 card /// 1tb 500gb 80gb hdd /// BSNL IPTV ///

• You need to map the channel names to unique channel names in your xml file. Then you need to "register" your unique names here http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Xmltv2vdr-plugin

The unique names are needed because its the only way that different grabbers work together.

cu

• Hi Keine,

I have already included unique channels ids according to xml file in control file in /var/lib/epgsources.

The problem it only considers the channels with no spaces in name.
    like channel id "0080.STAR PLUS.in" gives mapping error but channel id like "2160.ESPN.in" dont give any error

Regards
    Ashok Manker

yavdr 0.4 testing branch /// asus p5k mb /// intel core2quad /// 4 gb ddr2 /// geforce gtx550 /// creative sb 24 bit /// dvbhd 2080p dvb-s2 card /// 1tb 500gb 80gb hdd /// BSNL IPTV ///

• The problem it only considers the channels with no spaces in name.

Then remove the space in that names. This names are ment as unique ids like phone numbers and not to looks beautiful on the screen.

And it is important that every grabber use the same unique names for the same channels, if not the plugin will fail. So if you plan to release your grabber or use an other grabber too, then you need register this names at the wiki.

cu

• Hi keine,

I didnt given names ( unique channel id ) to channels
    these are mentioned in xml file given by the only EPG provider in India ( WhatsOnIndia )
    and this grabber is included in official distribution of xmltv

So I dont have choice to change the channel id's. These are fixed by EPG provider.
    So I have to write the same channel id's as per my EPG provider xml file.

There is not the problem with the channel names given to my channels in channels.conf
    but its the problem in unique names given to channels by EPG provider.

Regards
    Ashok Manker

• The xmltv2vdr plugin need grabber addons that providing epg sources. A grabber is responsible for providing epg data in an xml format accepted by xmltv2vdr. The xmltv2vdr plugin is NOT an plugin to import epg data files produced by the xmltv tools.

So, you cannot import you xml File you get from xmlt directly, you need write an gabber to do this job. Some people do this work already, but no one released a grabber for xmltv epg datafiles until now.

cu

• The xmltv2vdr plugin need grabber addons that providing epg sources. A grabber is responsible for providing epg data in an xml format accepted by xmltv2vdr. The xmltv2vdr plugin is NOT an plugin to import epg data files produced by the xmltv tools.

So, you cannot import you xml File you get from xmlt directly, you need write an gabber to do this job. Some people do this work already, but no one released a grabber for xmltv epg datafiles until now.

cu

Hi Keine,
    Thanks for your support.
    I think I couldnt explain my problem well enough.

I know xmltv2vdr needs external grabber for epg source.
    I know I have to give epg data in xml format to accepted by xmltv2vdr.
    Both things I already know.

My problem is....
    xmltv2vdr is getting data from my grabber ( tv_grab_in )
    channel epg is also imported from xml file generated by grabber according channel id's I mentioned in epgsources.
    But as per my epg provider some channel id's have space in there name.
    I cant change these channel id's, since these are generated by epg provider
    so I have to write same channel id's as provided by epg provider in my epgsources configuration
    xmltv2vdr is importing data only for the channels which dont have space in there names... like 3215.ESPN.in
    and giving errors for mapping in channel names like... 0080.STAR PLUS.in

I just want to say... is there any method or change source that I can make to import data for channels who have space in there name?

otherwise xmltv2vdr.pl script is working fine.

regards
    Ashok Manker

• I cant change these channel id's, since these are generated by epg provider

You got the XML file, so its possible to modify the names in the xml file. You could use xsltproc to do the task.

In short, use xsltproc to replace all "0080.STAR PLUS.in" with "0080.STAR_PLUS.in" in your xml file.

cu

• Hi everyone,
    I'm actually using xmltv2vdr.pl script and would like to use this plugin.
    However, I can't understand how to use it, in particular how to build the file in /var/lib/epgsources/. (with pipe & co). Maybe I'm dummy but Wiki and Readme are not detailed enough for me...

Could someone explain to me how to do the link between channels name from channels.conf and chanels ID from xmltv files ?
    Is this plugin automaticly launched when I start VDR ?
    Does it automatise downloads from grabbers ?

Thanks for your help !

• hi davy

yes it can grab data from grabber
    it automatically starts on start of VDR
    you can change data import settings in plugin menu

if you want to use external grabber say.. tv_grab_uk

then create a file named tv_grab_uk in epgsources directory
    create file with the name same as grabber executable file.
    in this file write like this....

pipe
    xx.channel_id.xx
    write all channel ids here as per your xml file generated by grabber

now your epgsources should be displayed in your plugin menu
    from plugin menu map each channels to epgsources
    you are done

regards
    ashok manker

• Hi Ashok,
    Thanks you for your answer.
    I use XBMC and vdr-plugin-vnsiserver as front end for vdr so I've no access to the plugin menu...
    Is there a way to configure it by editing some files ?
    I do not understand the structure of the grab_tv_uk file : what is 7 number ? what are the xx ?

• hi davy,

tell me how are getting your xmltv file for using in xmltv2vdr.pl script?

regards
    ashok manker

• Hi,
    Using the script, I add a column in my channels.conf with the corresponding channel IDs.
    Then I call the script giving it channels.conf and myxmlfile.xmltv.

It seems to work (communicate with VDR) but :
    1- I don't know how vdr manage the compatibility between xmltv epg and the ones from air. I don't know where the EPG are saved.
    2- I would like automize the download of several xml epg sources.

That's why I try to understand how this plugin works.

Cheers.

• Hi,
    Using the script, I add a column in my channels.conf with the corresponding channel IDs.
    I download them with tv_grab_fr and from kazer.org.
    Then I call the script giving it channels.conf and myxmlfile.xmltv.

It seems to work (communicate with VDR) but :
    1- I don't know how vdr manage the compatibility between xmltv epg and the ones from air. I don't know where the EPG are saved.
    2- I would like automize the download of several xml epg sources.

That's why I try to understand how this plugin works.

Cheers.

• You mix the xmltv2vdr script and the xmltv2vdr plugin, this are different projects.

http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Xmltv2vdr
    http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Xmltv2vdr-plugin

No one have create an Englisch version of the pages until now. So try google translate.

cu

• Hi Davy,

Please follow the following procedure and adopt as per your epg grabber

1. I installed xmltv latest version. Using in built grabber(tv_grab_in) for my country.
    choose your grabber according to your country.
    I think your country is france ( for example grabber for france is tv_grab_fr )
    Now configure your grabber ( tv_grab_fr --configure )
    now you will have tv_grab_fr.conf file in ~/.xmltv
    note down your channel ID from tv_grab.conf file
    2. Now create a file in /var/lib/epgsources
    name of file should be same as your grabber ( for example tv_grab_fr )
    content for file is as follows
    #######################
    pipe
    7 <----- days for epg grab
    channel_id_1 <----- channel ID same as listed in tv_grab_fr.conf
    channel_id_2
    channel_id_last_channel
    ##########################
    3. Now goto plugin menu and select the channels for which you want to grab epg
    Map the channel to epg sources.

Thats it you are ready to go...

As you said you dont have access to VDR menu
    then it will be very difficult and time consuming for you to map epg channels
    edit the file /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf
    and add mapping for your channels like this...
    ###################################
    xmltv2vdr.channel.4170.COLORS.in = 1;1;S95.0E-1-1300-33062
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''^-------------------^''''''''^-------^'^----^'^-----^
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''|''''''''''''''''''''''''''''|'''''''''''''|'''''''''''L---> SID of your channel or 4th parameter in your channels.conf file
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''|''''''''''''''''''''''''''''|'''''''''''''L-----------> 2nd parameter in your channels.conf file
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''|''''''''''''''''''''''''''''L----------------------> your satellite source as per your channels.conf file
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''L-------> channel_id as per your grabber ( tv_grab_fr.conf file )
    like this add all channels....
    ###################################

I hope this would help you.

Regards
    Ashok Manker

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von amanker ()

• Thanks for your reply, I've installed xineliboutput to verify my configuration : it's working for tv_grab_fr as you said.
    I've used a little script to recycle the channels.conf made for xmltv2vdr.pl script, so no need to map manually the channel. :]

I've seen that "pipe" could be replaced by "file".
    Is there a way to use xlmtv files downloaded from external website ?
    How to configure it ?

• I've seen that "pipe" could be replaced by "file".
    Is there a way to use xlmtv files downloaded from external website ?
    How to configure it ?

Hi davy,

You can use xmltv files downloaded from external websites also.

Follow the procedure here...
    1. create a file in /var/lib/epgsources give any name ( for example mywebepg )
    write the following content in file
    ------------------------------------------------
    file
    7 <---- days to import
    channel.id_1 <---- channel id's same as your xmltv file
    channel.id_2
    channel.id_last
    --------------------------------------------------
    2. Now copy your external xmltv data file in the directory /var/lib/epgsources.
    name of the xmltv data file should be same as the previous control file with extention .xmltv.
    (So in this example name of your xmltv data file will be mywebepg.xmltv)

Now goto the xmltv2vdr plugin settings in VDR menu and select the channels and map the channels

Your are ready to go...

Regards
    Ashok Manker

• To get vdr-plugin-xmltv2vdr_0.2.0pre.git20120724-0yavdr0~lucid working with e-tobi c't-vdr 1.7.28 and squeeze xmltv-util(s) for the "freesat.uk" channels , I needed:

1. Commenting this EH out, it's blocking pipe mode here, at least if no channel mapping in setup.conf or the err msg is ambigous:

Code
    if (!cu)
    	{
        	free(cmd);
        	isyslogs(this,"no channels, please configure source");
        	return 0;
    	}

2. Preventing Makefile(s) from being "burned after building" after retry from compiler err by root owned backups .

3. This source config:

Code
    pipe
    <channel 1.tv/.com/
    channel n>

4. This grabber config:

Code
    encoding=utf-8
    cachedir=/var/lib/vdr/.xmltv/cache (Better move to /var/cache/vdr/)
    title-processing=disabled
    postcode=none
    platform=none
    channel=xxxxxxx.tv

5. This wrapper script for tv_grab_uk_rt:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

export HOME=/var/lib/vdr;

/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --days 3 2>>/var/log/xmltv2vdr.log

6. This added to vdr setup.conf:

Code
    xmltv2vdr.channel.xxxxxx.com = 0;1073741825;S28.2E-2-2314-53365
    xmltv2vdr.channel.xxxxxx.com = 0;1073741825;S28.2E-2-2314-53300
    xmltv2vdr.channel.xxxxxx.com = 0;1073741825;S28.2E-2-2314-53315
    xmltv2vdr.channel.xxxxxxx.tv = 0;1073741825;S28.2E-2-2314-53310
    xmltv2vdr.options.epall = 0
    xmltv2vdr.options.imgdelafter = 30
    xmltv2vdr.options.wakeup = 0
    xmltv2vdr.source.order = tv_grab_uk_rt_vdr

7. This vdr plugin setup:

BTW, someone should mention the epg channel id /broadcast channel tuner data mapping need in setup.conf and that retriggering the plugin
    before the next scheduled run (for setup testing e.g.) can be done by # rm /var/lib/video.00/epg.db in README and vdr wiki.

Legal Warning: The radiotimes.com terms & conditions may apply to any usage of this setup guide:

No. GPL is not "public domain" and none of the used software is sold by me.

VDR1: yavdr ppa VDR 2.0.6 auf iBase Industrial Mini-ITX MB896IL +DVI- Modul +Gb Ethernet Mini-PCI Motherboard, Pentium M 740, 1GB RAM, mit 3x KNC1 C+/MK3 PCI auf LSI Logic 3x PCI-64 Rev. 2.3 Intel 21154 aktive Riser Card 2135-5V mit abgesägtem 64Bit- Steckerteil im PCI- Slot auf upriser,
    HDTV xineliboutput mit xine-plugin-crystalhd für Broadcom CrystalHD BCM970015 auf 15cm PCI-E 1x Flachbandriser im PCI-E 1x v.1.0a Slot.
    IPTV vdr-plugin-iptv und ffmpeg als rtsp/rtmp/hls "tuner frontend", stream sanitizer und mpegts wrapper.

22 Mal editiert, zuletzt von woprr ()

• Now goto the xmltv2vdr plugin settings in VDR menu and select the channels and map the channels

Hello

i try (several year your posts) to import xmltv file in VDR (i run openelec 6 + VDR on a RPI2 with a dual tuner DVT).

i create file as said "mywebepg" and try to add at the same path the xmltv file from kazer "mywebepg.xmltv"

now i don't find how to map channel...can you help me ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!