[SOLVED upgrading to yaVDR 0.5]Total hang in yaVDR 0.4

• Hi.

Sometimes my yaVDR 0.4 suffers a kind of full hang and it does not respond neither with remote control nor network connection (ssh). I only can press the power button till the computer swicht off.

I had watched some logs but I am not able to find anything. Can I show yo some log file (which one?) in order to find out what happens when the computer hangs?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Can you post some log entrys around the crashes? Are there certain actions or conditions that are followed by a crash? If you attach a keyboard to your VDR - does it show a kernel panic if a crash occurs?

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hi

This is the syslog file when hunged up (see attachment). I was outside home and the recordings scheduled at 16:00 were not done. Las logged at 10:55, after I reboot manually the computer, new logs are at 23:12.

Should I post another file?.

Thanks.
    jbjbjb

Dateien

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Are all tuners connected to your sat-antenna/multiswitch? Frontend 2 seems not to be able to tune channel 89...

• Are all tuners connected to your sat-antenna/multiswitch? Frontend 2 seems not to be able to tune channel 89...

Yes (checked), but sometimes I have fails in signal. Can a fail in antenna signal cause a total hang in the computer?

• Sometimes my yaVDR 0.4 suffers a kind of full hang

Is the BIOS up to date? You use a 64-bit OS now!

Albert

• Is the BIOS up to date? You use a 64-bit OS now!

Albert

Well, I think so, I bought Xtreamer Ultra in january. I guess 64-bit OS is not a problem for BIOS. The hang up happens once every two weeks.

Javier

• What type of wireless lan card do you have in your Xtreamer Ultra? I remember that there are a few that can cause hangs in Ubuntu 64-Bit

• What type of wireless lan card do you have in your Xtreamer Ultra? I remember that there are a few that can cause hangs in Ubuntu 64-Bit

Hi.

I do not have the usb wireless conected. I have the computer wired directly to the router.

Javier

• Hi.

Some aditional clue to avoid the hung up?.

Should I upload another log file to improve the information?

Is the lack of signal the problem to hang up the O.S.?

Thanks
    jbjbjb

• Today I had to reset the computer again. Someone has experienced the same issue?

jbjbjb

• Yes, same issue here. After 2 or 3 hours, the box hang and I must powercycle the system. My su2300 CPU was overclocked to 1,8 Ghz. Yesterday i reset all BIOS settings to default. I hope this was the clue...
    The system logs show nothing out of the ordinary...

Origenae M10, Zotac IONITX-P E, 4GB Ram, Intel SSD 320, Sundtek DVB-CT, TT CT-3650 CI, yaVDR 0.4

• Yes, same issue here. After 2 or 3 hours, the box hang and I must powercycle the system. My su2300 CPU was overclocked to 1,8 Ghz. Yesterday i reset all BIOS settings to default. I hope this was the clue...
    The system logs show nothing out of the ordinary...

Thanks for the answer.

In case you find out something, could you give me some advise in this post?

Well, I have another question. Are there some way to increase the level of log information in order to know exactly what is happening?

Thanks and regards
    jbjbjb

• Have you take a look in /var/log/massages?

one question... can you open a ssh connection when the box hang up?

By pieces, as jack the ripper said...

1) /var/log/messages does not exist in my yaVDR-0.4. I do not know if it is possible to activate that log.

2) When the box hang up I can not open a ssh connection. In fact, if I connect a usb mouse/keyboard, it does not work neither. I lose absolutely control of the computer.

• Have you take a look in /var/log/massages?

yaVDR runs on Ubuntu (Natty), that is not any old version of Debian.
    What you mean is

Code
    /var/log/syslog

Albert

• Another hung up.
    I attach syslog file. I rebooted by pressing power button at 21:35.

jbjbjb

Dateien

• Same problem as before - frontend 2 times out while tuning to required channel - are those DVB-T Sticks you are using (pctv nanoStick)? Do you use any "evil" plugins? Does this occur after the first time an epg-scan/update ran (a full syslog may show this)?

• Hi.

Yes the tunners are "pctv nanostick". They worked fine in yaVDR-0.3a. But I have sometimes a problem with the dvb signal (I think that the lack of signal should not hang up the whole computer).

The plugins I use are:
    - filebrowser
    - rssreader
    - scheduler

How can I increase the level of log for syslog?

jbjbjb

• Hi.

I have deleted channel 89 wich was given the problems. I will tell you the results in some days.

Regards
    jbjbjb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!