I want to use Lirc

• Hello,

I want to control vdr and xbmc by using lirc alone. In other distributions it is so simple, I have just to laucnh dpkg-reconfigure lirc and then edit the Lircmap.xml and xbmc would work immidately. I really dont understand the yavdr templeating system.
    I tried to read it by it looks complicated to me. I have my hardware.conf and lircd.conf working from other distributions but I dont know where to put them in yavdr as all configurtion files states that I must not edit them as they will be overwritten by future updates. Please help me. Thanks.

Sami

• I want to control vdr and xbmc by using lirc alone. In other distributions it is so simple, I have just to laucnh dpkg-reconfigure lirc and then edit the Lircmap.xml and xbmc would work immidately.

So use one of these other distributions.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• I tried to read it by it looks complicated to me.

At yaVDR 0.4 the remotes works with eventlircd only. This is good and easy. ;)

Albert

• If you want help please provide more information. What remote receiver do you use? What is the output of "cat /proc/bus/input/devices"?
    Is your lircd.conf matching the defined namespace for yaVDR 0.4 (second column in this table: https://bugs.yavdr.com/project…tegration_04#Eventmapping)

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• At yaVDR 0.4 the remotes works with eventlircd only. This is good and easy. ;)

Albert

Thanks for your helpful reply. I enabled lirc in the remote configuration in yavdr webfrontend and choosed my remote streamzap but the remote still dont work fully.

• If you dont want to help just be silent.

That's, what he don't can! :D

Albert

• If you dont want to help just be silent. Thank you.

I have shown you a way to go. I name this help.

It is my plan to throw out the usage of lirc in yaVDR in the long run. More and more IR receivers are supported by the kernel, so there should be no need for lirc soon.
    That means in the meantime nothing will be done to simplify the process for configuration. If you don't understand how to do this, then choose a distribution that makes it more simple.

If you forbid me to speak again I will ask to keep you out of the yaVDR-Forum.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gda ()

• If you want help please provide more information. What remote receiver do you use? What is the output of "cat /proc/bus/input/devices"?
    Is your lircd.conf matching the defined namespace for yaVDR 0.4 (second column in this table: https://bugs.yavdr.com/project…tegration_04#Eventmapping)

Thanks for your helpful reply Alexander.

Some extra details:

Thanks.

• Thanks for your helpful reply. I enabled lirc in the remote configuration in yavdr webfrontend and choosed my remote streamzap but the remote still dont work fully.

What do you have for a remote and IR receiver.
    Please post:

Code
    sudo cat /proc/bus/input/devices

Albert

• If I wanted to use any other distribution I would not here asking for help for how to make yavdr work for me. I think this should be obvious. If you told me this reply in the first i would have understand the situation. Thanks anyway.

• Thanks for your helpful reply. I enabled lirc in the remote configuration in yavdr webfrontend and choosed my remote streamzap but the remote still dont work fully.

So why did you set your previous post to solved? [SOLVED]Streamzap pc remote and receiver
    In this thread it was clearly pointed out, that you are using an rc-core receiver. So using yaVDR 0.4 there is absolutely no need whatsoever to use lircd for it.

What is the exact problem? Are some keys not working after S3 or havent't you templated your configuration?

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• So why did you set your previous post to solved? [SOLVED]Streamzap pc remote and receiver
    In this thread it was clearly pointed out, that you are using an rc-core receiver. So using yaVDR 0.4 there is absolutely no need whatsoever to use lircd for it.

What is the exact problem? Are some keys not working after S3 or havent't you templated your configuration?

Sorry I should have been more clear. That thread solved my problem for using the remote with vdr. But with xbmc I had a problem that right and left arrow keys produce double presses and I thought using lirc would solve this problem.

• If I wanted to use any other distribution I would not here asking for help for how to make yavdr work for me. I think this should be obvious. If you told me this reply in the first i would have understand the situation. Thanks anyway.

This is not true, you didn't ask for help to use your remote. You asked for use lirc and you complained. For your remote lirc is totally unnecessary. There is even a chance that this remote could have worked already ootb till the moment you have choosen to configure lirc in the webfrontend.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• This is not true, you didn't ask for help to use your remote. You asked for use lirc and you complained. For your remote lirc is totally unnecessary. There is even a chance that this remote could have worked already ootb till the moment you have choosen to configure lirc in the webfrontend.

Gerald

Point is taken. My OP and title should have been different. Accept my apology and thanks for your great work.

Regards,
    Sami

• But with xbmc I had a problem that right and left arrow keys produce double presses and I thought using lirc would solve this problem.

Is this solved too now?

Albert

• No it is still there.

The package linux-media-dkms contains not only newer drivers for dvb devices but for remotes too. Do you use this package already?

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!