Minimum system requiements for yavdr 0.4

• Friends

what are the minimum system requirements for yavdr 0.4, if it will be used for HD channels viewing and recording.

thanks

MY HTPC
    yavdr 0.4 - TEVII S470
    CORE 2 DUO 2.13GHZ
    ASUS P5G41 MLX
    6 GB RAM
    Nvidia 210 SILENT with 1 GB Ram on Board

• what are the minimum system requirements for yavdr 0.4, if it will be used for HD channels viewing and recording.

Nobody has sent us enough hardware examples to figure it out. The hardware in your signature is sufficient for this purpose.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• The most important thing is the nvidia graphic card that supports vdpau video acceleration (like your GF210 does)
    Even a single-core cpu or the atom cpu is then enough.

Without that vdpau nvidia card you need advanced linux skills to get it running. (software decode of 1080p requires some cpu power - but it is possible)

• Thank you. but would dual core be sufficient as well.

I don't understand your question. I told you that the hardware in your signature is sufficient. The hardware in your signature has a dual core CPU. That would mean that a dual core CPU is sufficient. So what do you want to know?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• DocViper

Thank you for understanding my question, so it is really the graphics card more than the processor right. I can go ahead with my other HTPC then with dual core and not Core2duo provided that I have a good enough graphics card like Nvidia 210.right?

MY HTPC
    yavdr 0.4 - TEVII S470
    CORE 2 DUO 2.13GHZ
    ASUS P5G41 MLX
    6 GB RAM
    Nvidia 210 SILENT with 1 GB Ram on Board

• Yeah - correct !
    See my signature (HTPC2 is a Sempron 140 but important is the 8400GS Nvidia Card that has VDPAU)

These cards here work:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_43029.html
    and in addition all newer GF cards like 520, 430, 440, ... of course.

ATI and Intel Graphic cards are not very well supported. You need advanced linux skills for that.

I would advise you not to start 6 new threads but only 1 and ask your questions there. And before doing that a little bit of google search or reading the wiki here would answer most of your questions.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!