yaVDR + fglrx - doesn`t work

• Hallo

I"m using yavdr64 with lastest catalyst driver ( 11.11) and could not get it to work properly even reading hundreds of posts here and in the whole web.
    After blacklisting radeon, the Xorg log makes me think that fglrx is loaded ok. But fglrxinfo doesn't work (like it wasn't installed) and I'm a bit confused too in what gl/mesa libraries i should install or uninstall. Please, give me any hints.

Other "minor" but anoyning problem: how to properly configure the default keyboard layout on terminal ?(in the terminal wich opens on top of vdr frontend)
    I tryed 'loadkeys br-abnt' but it says it didn't find this map

• I"m using yavdr64 with lastest catalyst driver ( 11.11) and could not get it to work properly even reading hundreds of posts here and in the whole web.
    After blacklisting radeon, the Xorg log makes me think that fglrx is loaded ok. But fglrxinfo doesn't work (like it wasn't installed) and I'm a bit confused too in what gl/mesa libraries i should install or uninstall. Please, give me any hints.

yaVDR doesn't support AMD graphics because of the lack of working GPU based video acceleration. I could swear we wrote on our web side that we only support Nvidia currently.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Well, It's true that yaVDR is designed with nvidia in mind. But there's a lot of people out there that claim their system works well with ati video cards, and the main reason I started this thread is because I think that I t would be great to have even a stick thread for help the brave people that try that. And many itx/mini-atx boards with zacate (like mine's asus e35m1) are being released and it seems that these boards are great for htpc's.

I found that, as a example
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=820594&postcount=7

So why yavdr couldn't be built adding support for ati on future?

• So why yavdr couldn't be built adding support for ati on future?

This will happen if, and only if, there is a a driver that has the same quality of the nvidia driver and at least one yavdr team member has the hardware for tests.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• ... and at least one yavdr team member has the hardware for tests.

not to mention that this team member must be willing to test and support it ... ;)

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!