YAVDR as backend server

• Hello All

I have follow yaVDR project for some time, and have tried it a couple of times, but only on testing purpose.
    But with the new beta 0.4, it looks likes installation runs more smoothly, and that there are fewer bumps on the way, so now I am concerning to replace my Windows 7 Back-end recording server (using 4-the-record), with YAVDR back-end server.

This does give a small amount of questions which I have't been able to find answers to, so I hope you can help.

1. I use my backend server for recordings, and have all my Music, and all pictures/movies from digital camera/Video-recorder is placed here as well. Can I still have all my pictures and music placed here and shared to the network?

2. If it is yes to question 1. I need to easy backup especially my pictures, but also my music.

3. All my clients run XBMC build from Openelec. I hope that I will be able to run live tv in XBMX with Yavdr, but how stable is vdr tv in xbmc at the moment?

This is it for now. There will properly come more questions if I start the migration to Yavdr, specially my Digital devices dual dvb-t tv-tuner is worrying me a little :)

Thanks in advance

Rantzauer

• Which Linux are you running on your server? yaVDR 0.4pre1 is based on Ubuntu 11.04, so if you're running Ubuntu, you can just add the yaVDR repositories to it and then install the yaVDR packages.
    There are several backup solutions for Linux; I suggest you ask Google :]
    The openELEC PVR (= vdr frontend) builds are based on the unstable/development XBMC "Eden" pre-11 version, but run very stable on my system...

Client1: MLD 5.3, softhddevice, Bild+Ton über HDMI an Toshiba 46" [Hardware: Zotac IONITX-D, Impactics C3LH-B, 2GB RAM, 30 GB SSD, lautlos] mit streamdev-client, alternativ XBMC per VNSI/XVDR, Logitech Harmony 300i an atric-Einschalter
    Client2: MLD5.1, softhddevice VA-API, Bild+Ton über HDMI an Telefunken D32F280R3 32" [Hardware: ASRock Q1900B-ITX, intel Celeron J1900, SilverStone SST-ML05B, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, lautlos] mit streamdev-client, Logitech Harmony 200 an yaUSBir-Einschalter

Server: Ubuntu 16.04 headless + Frodo 2.3.8 PPA, Aufnahmen auf NAS [Hardware: ASRock G31M-GS, E6300, 4GB RAM, Quad Tuner: Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 + DuoFlex S2 (PCIe)]

• Thanks hueb_s

I will try with Ubuntu 11.04, and see how it goes.
    I have found a backup program named CrashPlan wish looks very cool and easy to use, and free for private use.

It is already openelec pvr veriosn I am using on my clients, so this is perfect, I hope I will be able to test this out very soon, can't wait :)

Thanks again

• yaVDR distro can be configured to work as "headless server" (select "headless server" as frontend in the web frontend). If you want the yaVDR web frontend to be available on your server you need to install yaVDR from the ISO image. If the web frontend is not important for you, you can use Ubuntu + yaVDR packages.

Cheers,
    hepi

• If XBMC doesn't fullfill your needs to manage your media and you want a full-blown graphical Desktop (Unity, Gnome, KDE, etc.) to use multimedia applications with it is better to use an ordinary Ubuntu version and add yaVDR packages to it later.

Cheers,
    hepi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!