technotrend s3200

• I'm not shure, but I think I've the same DVB-Device. lscpi shows me this:

Code
    04:08.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
    04:0a.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

One the TT budget device and the other is a DVB-S TT full-featured device.

Long story short, for me it works out of the box.

The output of
    dmesg | grep dvb
    should give yout something like this:

Code
    [ 11.748837] saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
    [ 11.762250] budget dvb 0000:04:08.0: PCI INT A -> Link[LNKA] -> GSI 19 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
    [ 12.602627] dvb-ttpci: gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0
    [ 12.640235] dvb-ttpci: info @ card 1: firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068, app 8000261d
    [ 12.640241] dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 1 supports CI link layer interface
    [ 13.540219] dvb-ttpci: Crystal audio DAC @ card 1 detected
    [ 13.881393] dvb-ttpci: found av7110-0.
  • @Matia77

If you mean Technotrend S2-3200 (PCI), you don't need any special driver, it is part of kernel since a long time, AFAIK 2.6.18.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• arnohr

If you mean Technotrend S2-3200 (PCI), you don't need any special driver, it is part of kernel since a long time, AFAIK 2.6.18.

Regards
    fnu

yes i mean s3200 pci
    Thanks for your quickly reply, but with yavdr on ubuntu 10.04 works without problems, on natty no.
    wscan on hotbird find 800 channels, the zapping is very slow and often fails. femon dosen't works and hd channels have low quality signal.

• @Matia77

Oops, sorry for the wrong nick ...

Well, afaik hasn't there been a major nor even a minor change within the driver for this card since the Stone age ...

Means, even if you install v4l or s2-liplianin, you IMHO don't get any other driver. But give v4l-dvb-dkms a try.

Regards
    fnu

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• v4l-dvb-dkms works better wscan is ok, and the zapping too. the hd channels have low signal quality.
    s2-liplianin, i cannot try, because lirc with my imon doesn't works if i install it.

• Hi Mattia, fnu is right: v4l-dvb-dkms is the key (my TT3200S didn't work until I installed v4l-dvb-dkms - now it works fine. MB: it's a known bug and will be resolved in a future update/upgrade/pre/final or whatever)

• v4l-dvb-dkms works better wscan is ok, and the zapping too. the hd channels have low signal quality.

Hi,

you may not have a bad signal, this could be the normal behaviour of exactly this card, it doesn't deliver the correct values for femon. So don't worry, as long you recordings are without errors, everything is fine ...

"powarman" did provide a patch against this behaviour, but afaik it didn't made it's way into main branch.

With the last VDR Versions "kls" did provide a workaround for DVB cards providing unproper scaled signal data, whereas VDR itself does correct or make the calculation for the values showed in femon. But I haven't had a detailed look into it ...

So long.
    fnu

[EDIT] I found the kls's post regarding this signal thing please click here, whereas it is in german, sorry. [/EDIT]

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• thanks to all works and maybe tha problems with hd channel depend xineliboutput-sxfe (buffer overflow)

@dbuser i've seen in your sign that you have a nova s2 hd, which driver you use and especilally which firmware?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!