yaVDR server and client separately

• Hello @ll.

is it possible to seperately install server and client instance in yavdr? if yes, how should I do it?
    between clent and server is about 110m LAN cable. i cannot use normal sat install, because of large lenght of cable.

I have to separate the part of the server from the client.

Zotac IONITX A-E Dual Core 2x1,6 GHz, 2G RAM, 1XHDD samsung 1T, TBS5921 QBOX III DVB-S2, Maxter Plus HID Device as Remote Control (elmak.pl)
    yaVDR 64bit

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tuksmr ()

• You can set up a "headless" (if no local user interface is needed) yaVDR on your server and connect a client via vdr-plugin-streamdev-client to it (just change /etc/vdr/svdrphosts.conf and /etc/vdr/plugins/streamdev-server/allowedhosts.conf on your Server to permit access for your client and copy a valid /var/lib/vdr/channels.conf from your server to the client).
    Recordings can be done on server and/or client ( vdr-plugin-remotetimers is reccomended as a streamdev-client instance is not able to do recordings from more than one channel at once ).
    Using NFS will allow you to share them between both yaVDR PCs.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Thanks for quick reply.
    But how can i set up a "headless"? installer doesn't contain a "server/client" option :(

on server i need:
    - vdr - to serve channels to clinet

on client i need:
    - vdr as clinet (plugin or somelse)
    - xbmc

i prefer recordings on client, buf if it were posibble on both it would be perfect.

or should i install yaVDR on two hosts and select proper software for each instance?

Zotac IONITX A-E Dual Core 2x1,6 GHz, 2G RAM, 1XHDD samsung 1T, TBS5921 QBOX III DVB-S2, Maxter Plus HID Device as Remote Control (elmak.pl)
    yaVDR 64bit

• The default installation fits all needs on server side. You can set headless mode after first boot in your servers webfrontend.
    If you don't want a full yaVDR on your server try a minimal Ubuntu 10.04 LTS installation and install all needed VDR stuff from the yaVDR PPAs: https://launchpad.net/~yavdr/+archive/stable-vdr

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!