yaVDR blocks an aditional tuner when multiple recordings are done...

• Hi.

I have three tuners, as you can see in my signature. When I am recording two chanels, two of the tuners are locked and I can watch tv with the free tuner. But, if a new recording starts in one of the channels that are already recording (the new recording starts because of the overlap between contiguous programs), yaVDR, instead of using the tunner locked for that channel, uses the free tuner, and the three tuners remain locked recording only two channels (but three programs).

Is it a bug? Can I solve that behaviour? Is it a problem with yaVDR or with other soft wich yaVDR uses?.

Thanks in advance.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• I think this is a problem of yavdr. This is a known problem, but as far as I know, there is no solution implemented.

Here is a german thread where some details are discussed [testing-vdr]: Timer-Konflikte trotz freier Karte ?

schneisa

• EPG Search oder das Live-Plugin können die Ursache sein ... wenn sie einen Tuner belegen ... hat aber nichts direkt mit yaVDR zu tun.

Gruß, WWOODY
    vdr1: yaVDR 0.3 - ZOTAC IONITX-F-E, 2GB RAM, Cine S2, Antec MicroFusion/iMON LCD, BD-ROM - Atric IR + Harmony 555 - 50" Samsung Plasma
    vdr2: yaVDR 0.3 - POV ION-330-1, 2GB RAM, 1x TT S2-3600, Atric IR + Harmony 555 - 32" Toshiba LCD
    vdr3: yaVDR 0.3 - FOXCONN nT-330i, 2GB RAM, 1x TT S2-3600, HAMA MCE - 26" LG LCD

• Well, it seems it is not absolutely clear where the problem comes from.

Can I do something to help to identify the source of the problem? (Something for not advanced users of linux, of course :( )

Thanks for your answers.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• You can try to stop loading/starting "EPG Search" and "Live" Plugin, or any other Plugin that is able to use one of Your Tuner in Background and see what happens after that. Settings are stored in "/etc/vdr/plugins/order.conf".
    LOAD = without -
    DON'T LOAD = with - in front of the Plugin name

Gruß, WWOODY
    vdr1: yaVDR 0.3 - ZOTAC IONITX-F-E, 2GB RAM, Cine S2, Antec MicroFusion/iMON LCD, BD-ROM - Atric IR + Harmony 555 - 50" Samsung Plasma
    vdr2: yaVDR 0.3 - POV ION-330-1, 2GB RAM, 1x TT S2-3600, Atric IR + Harmony 555 - 32" Toshiba LCD
    vdr3: yaVDR 0.3 - FOXCONN nT-330i, 2GB RAM, 1x TT S2-3600, HAMA MCE - 26" LG LCD

• Well, I have tried with both plugins "on", and three manual scheduled recordings (3 recordings in two channels and 2 of them overlapped) but it has worked fine and the third tuner has remained free. I guess that the problem will be catched when the scheduled recordings are made by epg search plugin. So, I will try on weekend that is when I have the overlapped recordings made for the plugin.

Thanks.
    jbjbjb

• Thats a bug caused by an old version of lnbshare patch, the problem is to merge a newer version of lnbshare is an substantial effort, which we have not tackled yet.

VDR User: 87 - LaScala LC14B - LG/Phillipps 6,4" VGA Display | Asrock H61/U3S3 | G630T | 1x 16GB Mobi Mtron 3035 1x WD 750GB 2,5" |1x L4m DVB-S2 Version 5.4

• Well, then it seems now the problem is identified. I only have one more thing to say... Thanks to the people that make yaVDR or any VDR distribution become better day after day. Thanks for the answer and for your altruist job.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!