markad performance

• Hi.

As 90% of my recordings are made with HD channels, I use markad to avoid the ads, but in the 80% of recordings the starting and finishing of advertisements are not detected. I use the default configuration of markad.

Is there any change I can do in markad setup to improve the performance?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Is it necessary to build an image file with logotipe and paste it in /var/lib/markad?

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• hi there,

as i understood markad will fail in some cases, when the advertising uses the same resolution/audio as the movie, because markad cannot see a difference.

Dunno if that maybe is the point in your case!?

greetz...

• oops! That might be the problem. Does it exist any tuto to prepare the logo image of the channels?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by blogga
    The search-option 'Suche' helped instantly ;)

see here

greetz

Thanks, I did not understand what for "-L" option was. I will try.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Hi again.

I am working with de -L option of markad but some of the HD logos I am catching exceed the 170 pixels of height, wich is the maximum limit.

How can I solve it?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Zitat

Originally posted by Copperhead

You can use the newest Git version :unsch

Hi.

I have made "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade" and markad was updated.

Now this is the problem with markad:

Code
    javier@yavdr:~$ markad --help
    markad: error while loading shared libraries: libva-0.31.1.1.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How can I solve this new problem?

• Zitat

You have to install libva....

Sorry, tried but not success. What I should write:

sudo apt-get install libva????? do you know what more?

jbjbjb

• Zitat

Originally posted by hotzenplotz5
    https://launchpad.net/~yavdr/+…-1%2Bsds4%7Eodk2_i386.deb

or wait 5 min.
    than it is in stable. "published"

solved thanks.

But markad --help sais that the maximum height is 170 just like before, is it possible to overcome this umbral?

jbjbjb

• Zitat

As I said: You have to use the newest Git-Version http://projects.vdr-developer.…ugin-markad.git;a=summary

I am sorry, I can understand what you wrote, but I am not able to do, in linux, things much more complicated than "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade".

I guess the version you have, will be available soon in the upgrades. I will have to wait. Thanks a lot.

Regards
    jbjbjb

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Hi.

I have checked and it works fine wiht the 80% of the image of the logo. Thanks.

I would like to do a proposal for the improvement of the plugin. Where can I do it?

In some channels, the logo is gone for 4-5 seconds, but the film is still playing. In the coordinates of the logo some information about next films are placed, so,markad makes a mark in that point. As I said, it is placed about 4-5 seconds, then the logo appears again.

Could be possible propose an improvement by mean a parameter, to avoid that lacks of logo during 'n' seconds is not considered in order to add a mark?

Thanks.
    jbjbjb

• Ok. Thanks. I will do when I go home.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!