How to start automatically with a programmed recording?[SOLVED]

• Hi. I have a Shuttle XS35GT and it is working well with yavdr, but I have to keep it allways awake in order to do recordings, because it does not start automatically from S3 (suspend to ram) state.

I have been finding out how to solve it but I have not found anything to solve the problem. Can someone give me a clue to fix it?

Thanks.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Should I give more information?

Thanks.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Zitat

Original von jbjbjb
    Hi. I have a Shuttle XS35GT and it is working well with yavdr, but I have to keep it allways awake in order to do recordings, because it does not start automatically from S3 (suspend to ram) state.

I have been finding out how to solve it but I have not found anything to solve the problem. Can someone give me a clue to fix it?

Thanks.

Hi jbjbjb,

if S3 is not stable with your System, you can try to use the normal powerdown (is it S5?) in combination with ACPI-Wakeup. If ACPI-Wakeup does not work on your board, give NVRAM-Wakeup a try.

Saxman2k

Hardware: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, AMD Athlon II X2 235e, 4GB RAM, Zotac GeForce 210 Synergy Edition 1GB, Corsair Force3 60GB SSD, Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual, 6.4" TFT, Atric IR Einschalter Rev.5, Logitech Harmony 900, Samsung LE46A789 full HD LCD, Denon AVR-1910, USB Atmo-Light von Slime
    Software: yaVDR 0.5
    Streaming Client 1: Hauppauge MediaMVP
    Streaming Client 2: Telegant TG100 (wenn ich mal irgendwann die Zeit finde das UPnP-Plugin zu testen)

• Hi.

I tried ACPI-Wakeup but it do not worked.
    S3 state works well because I can start yavdr from this state by mean my remote control. I have fear to use nvram-wakeup because I have read that can cause problem in the bios. Is that true?

• Did you enable ACPI-Wakeup in the Config-File? Default is it disabled!

The Path wrote cekaro.

Yes or No?

Gruß utiltiy

VDR Projekte VDR Projects

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von utiltiy ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by utiltiy
    Did you enable ACPI-Wakeup in the Config-File? Default is it disabled!

The Path wrote cekaro.

Yes or No?

Yes I did. I tried suspend to ram and suspend to disk with ACPI-Wakeup enabled in config-file, but none of them wake up to do programmed recordings.

From suspend to ram state I am able to wake with de remote but from suspend to disk, the remote does not work to wake up the sistem (I write this information just in case it is usefull, I do not know).

Is there any log file that is usefull to see what happens?

• I think S3 is stable in the system, because I can shutdown to a S3 state and start again by mean the remote control. What is not functional is the wake up from S3 to do a recording, configuring properly /etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf.

Doing a total shutdown with /etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf configured, do not awake the system either.

The Shuttle XS35GT is a new hardware, could be possible it does not support any kind of programmed awake?

nvram-wakeup could damage the bios? I am not an expert, and for me the information is confusing.

• Did you make it work? I have same problem, I use Asus AT3IONT motherboard. I did enable it in configuration /etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf. (I tested and waking up under windows works fine.)

• Zitat

Originally posted by szymex
    Did you make it work? I have same problem, I use Asus AT3IONT motherboard. I did enable it in configuration /etc/vdr/vdr-addon-acpiwakeup.conf. (I tested and waking up under windows works fine.)

Sorry, no. I am looking for answers yet. If you achieve it, please, let us know.

• I have tried another time:

Enabled ACPI-Wakeup in the Config-File and configured from web front-end to do suspend to disk.

Not working, the computer do not wake up by itself, and when I start the computer manually, a disk checking is allways done.

Is there a page where I can read more about nvram-wakeup before trying?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• I have Zotac ION-F system and observed no ACPI wakeup on S3 too. But I did not look into it yet.
    I found an entry in Bios I wanted to check where I can set up ACPI comliance for ACPI Ver 1.0 2.0 or 3.0.
    Please check if you have such an entry in your Bios and if it helps working ACPI with other comliance version.
    I noticed on other systems that ACPI wakeup only works with timers at least 30min in the future. Please also check, if a Timer 1 hour appart works fine or not.

greetings, Uwe

Wissen ist Macht, nix wissen macht auch nix
    VDR1: yaVDR0.3.0a Gigabyte GAM85M-US2H VDPAU 1GB Ram Sempron140 500GB WD CaviarBlue 2xTT-S2-1600, ATRIC on Com1
    VDR2: yaVDR0.3.0a Zotac Ion-F 2GB Ram 1TB WD CaviarBlue Dual TBS 6981

• Zitat

Originally posted by Licherkette
    I have Zotac ION-F system and observed no ACPI wakeup on S3 too. But I did not look into it yet.
    I found an entry in Bios I wanted to check where I can set up ACPI comliance for ACPI Ver 1.0 2.0 or 3.0.
    Please check if you have such an entry in your Bios and if it helps working ACPI with other comliance version.

I think that I do not have any option to configure ACPI but I will find out again.

Zitat

I noticed on other systems that ACPI wakeup only works with timers at least 30min in the future. Please also check, if a Timer 1 hour appart works fine or not.

greetings, Uwe

Thanks, I will prepare again the acpi config file, and I will prepare to start more than 1 hour in the futur.
    I will be back with de results.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by jbjbjb
    Thanks, I will prepare again the acpi config file, and I will prepare to start more than 1 hour in the futur.
    I will be back with de results.

Negative. It should have started by now, and it is down yet.

• Thanks for the advice. Another thing to try.

But now, I am a little bit outside. When tried to connect remotely to know if the Shuttle waked-up, it was off. But I just tried again and it is """ON""", it has waked up 36 minutes after the time it was suposed to do a recording. So, what is happening here??? Why 36 minutes later and no other time???

• More information. File messages when it was shutting down and in the new starting:

We can see the line:
    Jan 26 17:11:17 yavdr vdr-addon-acpiwakeup: Setting ACPI alarm time to: 2011-01-26 18:06:16

The time of the shutdown is correct (17:11:17), the time for the programmed recording is 18:30:00. Why the startup is programmed at 18:06:16? and why the real startup is at 19:06:16?

• Just an Idea,

what about time zone? For me it looks somehow like such thing. Your system woke up one hour ahead so ACPI seems to work. Did you change any settings refering to time zone?
    Who knows the commands to find out what realtime clock show, and what system time is?
    If I typ in "time" at console my system shows real: 0.0s user 0.0s and sys 0.0s.

greets, Uwe

VDR1: yaVDR0.3.0a Gigabyte GAM85M-US2H VDPAU 1GB Ram Sempron140 500GB WD CaviarBlue 2xTT-S2-1600, ATRIC on Com1

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Licherkette ()

• Zitat

what about time zone? For me it looks somehow like such thing. Did you change any settings refering to time zone?

I guess not. In the installation of yavdr I choose the time zone of Madrid, Paris, London, but I do not remember doing more changes.
    The time is well written in the file messages.

• When I check with cat /proc/driver/rtc miy rtc_time is grenwich mean time gmt so it is one hour ahead to local time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!