Recording directory

• Hi,

I understand that yavdr use the /srv/vdr/video.00 to store its recordings. Now I would like my vdr to store recordings in my external USB HDD as I dont have large space on my yavdr partition. Is it possible to change the recordings direcory? Can I make a new directory inside that path and link it to my extrnal HDD? Could you please give me a hint?

Thanks and best regards
    Sami

• hi sami

you can create /srv/vdr/video.01 and mount your usb disk in there at bootime using an fstab entry.

* please note: vdr will still store meta data (info|index|marks|resume) in video.00 and symlink from there to the 000*.ts files in video.01, so you still need the disk storing video.00 at all times.

* Also note you may need to lower the split filesize value (MaxVideoFileSize) in setup.conf, so the partitions are filled up in a more balanced way.

MSI P6NGM-FD | ASROCK A785GXH | Grafik: GeForce 9400GT| DVB-S2 Karten: Twinhan VP 1041 & Skystar HD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!