Kontron KTQM77 alternate motherboard for bm2lts ?

• Hi and festive greetings to all,

In my search for an alternate motherboard for bm2lts , i found this one.

http://www.kontron.com/product…mini-itx/ktqm77-mitx.html

This is a mini-itx motherboard from Kontron KTQM77.

I think this could work but there does not seem to be a pci slot , just pcie.

The board has plenty of com ports though.

How can we search tv channels without ehd card ?

Kodi does not let you search tv/satellite channels ? or am i wrong here.

Is this a good substitute for the original board ?

Many Thanks.

Bilder

AVG2l : 1 x Kingston 120 gb ssd, 1 x seagate 4tb, 1 x toshiba 3tb
    VDR : 1.7.29.9
    IMAGE : BM2LTS v2.90
    Kontron ktq87 motherboard , i7-4770s Processor , Crucial 1600mhz 16gb ram , Internal netciever
    Using original avg2 frontpanel , COM port and Remote Control

GPU : msi 1050 Ti 4gb Low Profile using Nvidia 384.130 proprietary driver

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kdeuser ()

• Hello kdeuser,
    You can use the console OSD for searching channels:
    http://IP_OF_YOR_REELBOX:8002/cgi-bin/reelhttp.sh

Regards

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• Hi Alexandro77,

Zitat

You can use the console OSD for searching channels:

Thanks for your information.

That jpg image is of a shot from the vdr menu from ehd extension but the
    Kontron KTQM77 does not have a pci slot where you can place it.
    I am lost at what you are trying to say.

Please excuse my ignorance here should this be so obvious.
    If there should be a way to search channels and use the original remote then i will buy this board as my original board is dying.
    Many thanks for your patience.

Kontron ktq87 motherboard , i7-4770s Processor , Crucial 1600mhz 16gb ram , Internal netciever

• Hi Alexandro77,

Slowly getting there.

Ok, so the link below :

Zitat

Is placed into my Google browser - with my ip , of course.

..........or would it be copy/paste into the terminal / bash .

On doing this the Reelbox menu will show and the remote ( original ) will work ?

Or do you need another remote eg. windows mce remote ?

Off topic slightly , this board seems to only except intel cpu`s , so thinking of an i3 and could i use my Nvidia gt 720 card in that pcie slot ? or would the integrated hd4000 graphics of the board be enough for hd video ?

Many thanks.

• You have to type this address to the web browser. You will see the reelbox interface under RBC (OSD).

Regarding your other question, HD 4000 is great and you should not need additional Nvidia video card as it is very much OK for any video content (HEVC excluding).

Regards.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alexandro77 ()

• Hi Alexandro77,

I tried this solution with my existing original RB motherboard but do not get the image of the main menu as you do. Probably because ehd extension is occupied .

I still am unable to select a satellite or modify Disque commands ?

I will try tomorrow without ehd.

I have used the same ip address that Kodi has in system information. .

Thanks.

• Please go to the web address mentioned above. Then RBC / TOOLS /OSD and you must see the remote control and the window next to it where the OSD from the EHD will be visualized.

Regards.

• A lot of the actual browsers are blocking the methode used for that web access to remote and menu.

I also had continously problems to solve that...

Best regards

1x AVG mit KTQ87/i5, 2xAVGmit KTQ77/i5 und BM2LTS last RC, 1x AVGI (BM2LTS2.89), 1x AVGIII (12.12.1), NUC in sporadischer Testphase
    3 ext. Netceiver (3x DVB-C, 5x DVB-S2, 6x DVB_S2)
    QNAP NAS,4x3TB, RAID 6

• That's true. I am using Mozilla with the current flash plugin and it works great.

• Hi ,

I am in RBC / TOOLS /OSD but all i get is a black screen ......... :(

.........and should i try and watch Livetv , i get ( web page not found or something like that ).

Maybe because ehd is running with original kontron board ?

@ Alexandro77,

According to your signature you say you are using Gigabyte C1037UN-EU with ehd. It`s a shame that board has only usb 2.0 .

maier2505,

You seem to be using the full Kontron kmq77flex board with pci and original RB remote.

Do you also type :

http://Your ip address:8002/cgi-bin/reelhttp.sh

Enter in browser or directly use RB remote to work the vdr ?

If RB remote works why use this other method ? ?(

My browser is Firefox may be i will try Chrome ........but we are on a 32 bit os - no Chrome !

I am now going to take out my ehd and see if i can see the OSD .

Will also try to give permission to the router to let the ip pass - yhis i will try later.

Thanks again.

• Hi kdeuser,

yes, I am still using the Kontron boards and at the end therefore my remote works.

But it was quite a long process until that worked and I also also tried other Boards with I was never able to get remote running.

My experiences come from that trials...

In that times I used the WebaccessRBC and found out that flash is blocked with most of the actual Browsers.

Displaying the menu needs flash, and that was the problem for me in that times...

When I got Flash to be processed I always was able to get the menu on the Computerscreen.

Thats all I can add.

Best regards

1x AVG mit KTQ87/i5, 2xAVGmit KTQ77/i5 und BM2LTS last RC, 1x AVGI (BM2LTS2.89), 1x AVGIII (12.12.1), NUC in sporadischer Testphase
    3 ext. Netceiver (3x DVB-C, 5x DVB-S2, 6x DVB_S2)
    QNAP NAS,4x3TB, RAID 6

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!