[PATCH] Edit recordings in Live plugin

• This patch set adds some new bells and whistles into the live plugin:

• multiple deletion of recordings at the same time
    • rename/move recordings
    • delete marks/resume information of recordings
    • sorting recordings by name and date in both ascending and descending orders
    • enables YADIF deinterlacer automatically in VLC-1.1.x
    • inverts the initial value of 'Show duration in recordings'
    • beautifies (hopefully) the bottom row of the multischedule view
    • silences compilation warnings related to internals of TNTNET library

The patch set has now been committed into the official GIT repository.

• Zitat

Original von rofafor
    - multiple deletion of recordings at the same time
    - rename/move recordings

rofafor

I did ask me a long time, when somebody with the right abilities will put these features into the plugin, ..., and you're the man ... :respekt

cheers
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Zitat

Original von rofafor
    ... nice stuff ...

Didnt you forget "sort recordings by date"?

Asus M3N78-VM/Athlon II X2 250, Mystique Satix S2 V2, Atric IR, yaVDR 0.5 (prod)

• Zitat

Original von rofafor
    The "editrecordings" patch adds new tricks into the live plugin:
    - multiple deletion of recordings at the same time
    - rename/move recordings
    - delete marks/resume information of recordings

Great work - that's everything I ever wanted to see with respect to new features. Can't wait to try this out.
    Too bad I'll be on a business trip the next two weeks :(

• Zitat

Originally posted by hotzenplotz5
    so dont stop !!

Well, my needs are now fulfilled, so don't expect any new features from me. Could you test the moving functionality: the code compiles but no tests were actually made as I was too lazy to build up a test setup with multiple filesystems? :)

• Zitat

Could you test the moving functionality

to an usb-harddisk still not . should it work now ?
    "Cannot rename or move the recording."

but no problem, this is very special, and i can move the recording in extrecmenu.

Zitat

so don't expect any new features from me

i dont miss any other feature.... or i dont know it yet :unsch
    thx again !

there are many (2 or 3) other people testing live-plugin including your patches :
    http://ppa.launchpad.net/yavdr…l/main/v/vdr-plugin-live/

ok move recording:

Code
    Feb  9 16:52:48 zotac vdr: [8303] creating directory /srv/vdr/video.00/video-vdr/Pauline/Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa
    Feb  9 16:52:48 zotac vdr: [8303] creating directory /srv/vdr/video.00/video-vdr/Pauline/Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa/2011-02-07.16.58.70-0.rec
    Feb  9 16:52:48 zotac vdr: [8303] removing /srv/vdr/video.00/video-vdr/Pauline/Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa/2011-02-07.16.58.70-0.rec//index
    Feb  9 16:52:48 zotac vdr: [8303] removing /srv/vdr/video.00/video-vdr/Pauline/Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa/2011-02-07.16.58.70-0.rec//resume
    Feb  9 16:52:48 zotac vdr: [8303] removing /srv/vdr/video.00/video-vdr/Pauline/Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa/2011-02-07.16.58.70-0.rec/
    Feb  9 16:52:48 zotac vdr: [8303] [LIVE]: renaming failed from '/srv/vdr/video.00/Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa/2011-02-07.16.58.70-0.rec' to '/srv/vdr/video.00/video-vdr/Pauline/Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa/2011-02-07.16.58.70-0.rec'

should be fine .... dont know why the recording is not moving to this location ?

Code
    ls -la /srv/vdr/video.00
    insgesamt 20
    drwxr-xr-x 5 vdr vdr     4096 2011-02-09 16:31 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 vdr vdr     4096 2011-01-18 00:00 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 3 vdr vdr     4096 2011-02-09 16:26 Au_Pair_-_Ein_Kindermädchen_für_Papa
    -rw-r--r-- 1 vdr vdr        0 2011-02-09 16:26 .update
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 vdr plugdev   16 2011-01-18 00:02 video-vdr -> /media/video-vdr
  • Hi,

within OSD you can move recordings, if you just rename it like this:

• Our example recording is named "Duck"
    • In recoding list choose the recording an press "8"
    • Rename w/ adding letters to look like "Donald~Duck"
    • Press Ok twice

If the directory "Donald" doesn't exists, it'll be created and the movie will be moved, otherwise just moved.

Doesn't it work in the same way, with the new renaming function in live plugin?

Regards
    fnu

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Holger, since rofafor isn't native speaker, I'll go ahead in English ...

It tried the function some minutes ago with the pimped package of your repository, thx for this. And well, it does work perfectly, as described above. New directories will be created if you rename your recording "directory~your-rec" and if it already exist, you could either use the same way or just choose the directory in the field below, like it does work in VDR OSD itself, w/o extrecmenu, what is maybe your problem in this case ... ?

Rolf, it does work like a charm! I moved several recordings forth and back, not one did fail, not one got lost ...

Cheers
    Frank

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by hotzenplotz5
    dir is created but the recording not moved

OK, I started the GDB, fixed some obvious bugs and uploaded a new patchset into the first post. Could you check, if this works any better?

• hotzenplotz5

Ah, si, comprendido.

Well rofafor did just reflect the common "rename/move"-OSD function into live plugin and I think this is a huge step forward, because even that hasn't been there before ... :cool1

Cheers
    Frank

• Hi Rolf

Zitat

Original von rofafor
    This patch set adds some new bells and whistles into the live plugin:

• rename/move recordings

Whow, what a list. Thank you very much for this great contribution!

Zitat

Original von hotzenplotz5
    it seems that tadi is taking a vacation :D

Actually I was. I've had some great time with snowboarding in the Swiss Alps at the Jungfrau-Ski-Resort with great sunny weather :)

Since I'm now back again, I applied the patches provided in the first post of this thread into the 'official' LIVE git.
    I had to fix the compilation for VDR versions without support for TS recordings and I updated the german translation. These changes are also in the LIVE git.

Thank you again and go ahead! :)

Greetings
    Tadi

• Zitat

Originally posted by tadi
    I applied the patches provided in the first post of this thread into the 'official' LIVE git

Thanks! If someone feels bored, he could take a look at the MoveDirectory() function and rewrite it as it's just a butt ugly implementation, where I tried to misuse VDR's API as much as possible thus avoiding to write the code, that I'm personally never going to use.
    Btw. I'd vote for a new release after a certain testing period.

• Zitat

Original von rofafor
    This patch set adds some new bells and whistles into the live plugin:

• rename/move recordings

The patch set has now been committed into the official GIT repository.

i just got the live pluinupdate and i m happy about the new features to organize the recordings in the live plugin ( sorting and deleting after marking records )

thanks a lot ;)

Server : Debian 10 + VDR 2.4.0 on | HP Gen8 Microserver X1265L | 16 GB EEC DDR 1600 | 1 x EVO 860 Pro 500 GB, 2x6TB HGST, 1x10 TB HGST | TBS 6981
    Client : Debian 11 + Kodi 19 (deb.multimedia Quellen) on | Intel DH77EB | i3 2100T | 16 GB 1600 DDR3 | GF GT 520 | 1 x 850 EVO 500 GB | BQ 300W L7 | X10 Remote | in Zalman HD 160 | Sedu Ambilight |
    Client : Debian 10 + Kodi 19 (deb.multimedia Quellen) on | Asus Z87 Pro | I5 4660 | 16 GB 1600 DDR3 | GF GTX770 | 1 x 850 EVO 500 GB | BQ 450 W L8 | in Chieftech CS 601 |
    Client : Debian 10 + Kodi 19 (deb.multimedia Quellen) on | Lenovo T430 |

Websites | speefak.spdns.de | www.itoss.org | cc-trade.info | www.bike2change.de | www.x-woodart.de |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!