framebuffer and reel ehd

• i have read on the forum about a framebuffer for ehd

/dev/fb1

on the topic for take snapshot of ehd vdr

anybody can tell if i have to make it on vdr ubuntu??

i have vdr working on ubuntu 8.04 + reel ehd +vdr 1.7.0

the framebuffer is necessary and improve any thing????

• simply install fbshot

Example:

Code
    hdfbshot -d dev/fb1 /tmp/screenshot.png
  • Zitat

Original von scubidoo
    sorry to open again this topic

but on ubuntu 8.04 and reel ehd i dont have any /dev/fbx

I guess you didn't load the hdshm-module with the parameter "has_fb=1", so no framebuffer is created...

• Zitat

Original von scubidoo
    how to make one to take fotos??

It is not possible to take fotos (of the tv live picture) via the /dev/fb device of the reel eHd driver. You will only get a snapshot of the OSD. :(

• Zitat

Original von Ioannis

It is not possible to take fotos (of the tv live picture) via the /dev/fb device of the reel eHd driver. You will only get a snapshot of the OSD. :(

theres any way to take a foto'??

• Yes, use a digital camera a make a snapshot from your television. ;)

Via reel eHD it is not possible, because there is no documentation of the internal framebuffer structure available from the manufacture of the chipset.
    So even the developer from Reel are not able to develope somekind of "grab image" function. If you want to implement something like that, you need a lot of time an good reverse engineering skills.

Because of lack of this feature, i was not able to use my atmolight with the reel eHD (this plugin needs also snapshot of the current live-tv screen). Because of this, i have now replaced the eHD with a nvidia graphicscard with VDPAU support. Now i have the possibility to grab a picture, because there is a patch available for the xineliboutput with supports a "grab image" function.

• thanks for your reply Ioannis

if you already have a ehd maybe you can help me another thing

i know is out about this treaths but if you can thanks

i have all plugins compile whit vdr 1.7.0

xinemediaplayer
    mediad
    dvdswitch
    skinreel3
    etc

my problem is whit xinemediaplayer and dvd and movies

give me most time segment fault.

i see on forums a lots of help to put ehd work but for xinemediaplayer i dont see how to´s

like how to complie xine lib

what xine-lib and how to compile

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!