subtitle and pearl hd skin

• I am sorry but I don´t speak german. I have tried to search for a solution. I have just installed yavdr and would like to use the pearl hd skin with 1080x1920 resolution, but then the subtltes are placed in the middle of the screen. How can i solve that?

I would also like to use the yaepghd plugin, but it only takes up a little bit of the screen. How can I make it full screen?

I am sorry but this have probably been answered before, but I am out of luck finding a solution to it.

• eiki

PearlHD Skin does not cover the complete FullHD screen, it hasn't been its target. It does cover a kind of a bigger center-weighted area, therefore the fade-ins are also in this manner.

If you prefer a skin which covers your FullHD screen, you may have a look at a other quite good skin: "vdr-skin-blackandblue-fs", just install this package.

The default theme for yaepghd is unfortunately one in SD (720x576) size/format, means, if you do nothing, you will see this EPG in the upper left corner on your FullHD screen.

Install "vdr-plugin-yaepghd-vidwinskin-theme" and/or "vdr-plugin-yaepghd-blackandblue-theme", configure one of these in the plugin setup of yaepghd.

Regards
    Frank

HowTo: APT pinning

• thank you. the blackandblue skin solved the problem and it is a nice skin I can live with. When I set Xine to x: 720 y: 576 and blend mode the subtitiles display correct, but the yaepg will not display correctly unless I set Xine to X11 Overlay, but then the subtitle will be in the middle and not on the bottom :(

How can I get both Yaepg to fill the whole screen and have the subtitles on the bottom?

• thanks, I get both subtitle and yaepg to work with xineliboutput so that is great.
    I have just experienced that xine tends to be more stable than xineliboutput...

how can i translate the blue, yellow and green buttons in yaepg from german to english?

• Zitat

Original von eiki
    thank you. the blackandblue skin solved the problem ...

... How can I get both Yaepg to fill the whole screen and have the subtitles on the bottom?

Which problem ist solved with "blackandblue skin"?

Does the subtitles appear in middle of the screen with both skins "b_and_b" & "PearlHD"? How do you display the subtitles, with the plugin "subtitle" which is AFAIK not part of the yaVDR repository or with the plugin "osdteletext"?

If you use a FullHD screen w/o overscan together with xine-plugin, it is IMHO correct to set the OSD size to the nativ resolution 1920x1080. These are the settings for my similar setup (PearlHD & B_and_B):

These are my settings to place and display "osdeletext" almost fullscreen:

Code
    Background transparency: 127
    Show clock:              yes
    Auto-update pages:       yes
    OSD height:              1000
    OSD width:               1840
    OSD horizontal align:    40
    OSD vertical align:      40

A quick check showed me, subtitles with "osdteletext" are displayed in lowest quarter of the display.

[Edit]

As you see English isn't my problem, it is even possible for me to tell bullshit in this foreign language ;D

Now I remember, there are settings in Menu / Settings / DVB for subtitles. These do work rarely here in Germany, because the public and FTA stations do not need to send subtitles, almost everything is translated stuff. Therefore I cannot check this function, sorry, I do not even know which station on satellite Astra 19.2 does permanently broadcast subtitles.

[/Edit]

Regards
    Frank

HowTo: APT pinning

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• eiki

Zitat

how can i translate the blue, yellow and green buttons in yaepg from german to english?

I know this post is old, but if you're still interested you have to modify the back ground. The file is bg.png and is located:

Code
    /etc/vdr/plugins/yaepghd

You need to modify the bg.png that is contained in your selected skin directory.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!