2 X Sat Dishes connected to a single dual tuner pci-e dvb-s2 card- config help please ..

• Hi There folks,

I need some vdr config help -

My setup:

1 X twin tuner Dvb-s2 pci-e receiver - Connected to two different satellites (with single lnb's).

My setup:

2 Satellite dishes
    ( 1 X Tevii S470 dual tuner)
    13.0e ----------> lnb -----------------> 1st tuner of card

28.2e ----------> lnb -----------------> 2nd Tuner of the card

There is no configuration in vdr to specify that tuner 1 of the card receive only 13.0e
    tuner 2 on the same card to recieve only 28.2e

I tried reading the posts put nothing seems straightforward:

Possible solution is to somehow map the different tuners on the same card to a DISEQC.conf setting but obviously there is no actual diseqc switch in my setup so not sure if this correct.

So if anyone could help me out I would be very grateful :]

Cheers.

• Whilst this doesn't answer your question, you might be best buying some more cable and 2 Diseqc swtiches and dual/quad LNBs if you don't already have them.

My current setup is pretty much the same as yours, I have two DVB-S2 cards, two diseqc switches and two dishes.

This means you'll get dual tuning on both dishes, being able to watch/record two channels on any combo of 28.2 and 13.0.

Diseqc 2.0 switches are cheap, as are quad LNBs these days, especially off eBay.

• Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I only have one dvb-s2 pci card but it has dual tuners. (well i have two cards, tbs 6981 and a tevii 480. Unfortunately, the tbs 6981 uses a proprietary implementation of the cx23** driver which makes it incompatible with the open driver of the tevii one in linux kernel. So I can only use one card at the moment).

If it is possible, I would like to configure vdr to use tuner 1 of my tevii card connected to my first dish and tuner two of the tevii card connected two my second dish.

It seems in myth tv you can specify what channels are decoded by each individual tuner (or lnb input) .

As I have vdr running nicely I do not fancy changing just yet.

So far, I have read some one saying in another post that it might be possible to configure a similar setup using the disecq.config file but he then swithced to myth tv.

I think u are right with your setup. I will at the very least have to a buy a diseqc switch now and only use one tuner of the card. Also upgrade one of my lnb's to a twin + 2nd diseqc switch at some point in the future.

Cheers.

• It might be possible, and I think a thread that I started wanting to do something similar people said you have to make udev rules to make sure a certain card is assigned to a certain dish, but with two cheap diseqc switches and two multi LNBs (quad LNBs are cheaper) you should easily be able to tune either output to either dish.

• Maybe i am totally wrong yet i do not have much insight into diseqc or multiple lnb configurations. Just an idea would be to misuse the lnb-sharing patch for assigning lnb's to cards. The patch adds these options to the vdr setup. Though in fact it is not only a patch but a complete source tree, which to my knowledge is available for 1.7.16. If one looks for the yavdr ppa one could get a version for 1.7.21. Beware that every plugin has to be recompiled afterwards (or at least the ones that deal with devices). On top of that other problems could derive from such deep modifications of the vdr source. You may also wait for vdr 1.7.22 which will integrate lnb-sharing. Keep in mind that i don't really know if this could help you at all ;)

cheers

midas

plugin-block: Download, Thread im Portal, Wiki
    plugin-sleeptimer: Download, Thread im Portal, Wiki
    VDR-Chat: Web-Chat, IRC
    [size=8]ASUS M2N-E, Athlon X2 4450B, 2GB DDR2, Technisat Skystar HD (TT-3200), Technisat Skystar HD2, Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T USB, GigaByte GT-630 - 4TB RAID5 + 6GB externes Journal @50 GB Crucial Adrenaline SSD DP-CT050M4SSC2 - BeQuiet SystemPower7 300W - wheezy/vdr2.0.1 - xbmc 13

• Hi - just a quick update.

It seems that the main problem is not with vdr but a problem with *censored* -see post below.

Thanks for your help guys, hopefully I can get my setup working properly soon.

• It is not allowed to discuss this plugin in the vdr-portal. Edit you post please.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!