[Announce] mpv Plugin 0.0.3

• Das wichtigste zuerst, die Plugin Parameter haben sich teilweise geändert und müssen angepasst werden.
    Folgende Parameter können nun benutzt werden:

Code
    -a audio      mpv --ao (Default: alsa:device=default)
      -v video      mpv --vo (Default: vdpau)
      -h hwdec      mpv --hwdec-codecs (Default: vdpau)
      -d device     mpv optical disc device (Default: /dev/dvd)
      -l languages  languages for audio and subtitles (Default: deu,de,ger,eng,en)
      -b /dir       browser root directory
      -r            switch modeline to refresh rate of played file

Der Name des Service-Interface sowie der einzelnen Funktionen im Interface haben sich geändert. Dies hatte ich beim umbenennen von play zu mpv übersehen.

Changelog:

Bekannte Fehler:

Code
    mpv:
     - change audio and subtitle using DVD menu is not working -> https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/452
     - subtitle forced flag is ignored with mkv -> https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2032
     - ff while passthrough is active does not work because mpv tries to add resample filter which fails

plugin:
     - menu isn't closed when mpv is stopped, back in vdr an invisible menu is active until timeout if the menu was active before
  • I've just added the pt_step on the remote keys 1 and 3. But I think playlists won't work at all with the current implementation in vdr-mpv since mpv needs the --playlist parameter to parse them. Also the observer thread checks for the mpv event end file which may be fired at the end of each playlist item and stops the player.

I will add the ability to use playlist to the TODO, but currently I will not touch the code at those points since I'm still trying to get a sane shutdown if an osd is open and this may add new issues. So don't expect the playlist ability in the next version. The pt_step will be there in the next version but useless for now I think.

• The skip keys are already used for next/previous chapter.

I think a better idea than putting skipping/pt_step on 1 and 3, is to have its behavior conditional. If a playlist is being played, skip keys should perform skipping (using pt_step). If a dvd is playing, skip keys should perform prev/next chapter. That's normal expected behavior, and should be fairly easy to do.

Another thing I'd like to suggest for the TODO list is adding the ability to toggle between surround sound and stereo dowmix. It's a common feature, and something you find for example, in softhddevice. vdr-mpv however should not rely on softhddevices setting for this - it's makes no sense to require someone to change softhddevice settings to affect mpv-player playback.

I've been using mpv-player for some time via the vdr-mplayer plugin. The reason I never switched to vdr-play was because I like the flexibility to define the root dir tree however I like in vdr-mplayers mplayersources.conf, not just point to a single dir and whatevers in there is the root dir tree. vdr-mplayer is more flexible in defining sources but can't display vdrs osd during playback, and is heavier than it needs to be (theres no need for a dedicated mp3 player). vdr-play can display vdrs osd over playback but has a limiting way of defining sources (or rather just a root dir). The best would be a vdr-mpv plugin that supported libmpv and all the real-time functions, and allowed users to define sources in a flexible way like vdr-mplayer does. I wouldn't even bother with optical playback although some guys somewhere may still use it.

• I would make the pt_step on skip keys configurable in the setup menu, since the main target is a movie player not an audio player. Conditional should be possible in this case since we need to detect playlists to make them work at all and we can use this as a condition also. But chapters are not only used in dvd playback, also the different container formats can have chapters.

The possibility to add a stereo downmix filter can also be added to the setup menu.

The filebrowser won't be changed in the near future. The current idea is to have a small filebrowser delivered with the plugin, for a browser with more functions the service interface can be used to start the playback from an external plugin.
    I've already a mediacenter plugin on my git which I've started a long time ago before things like skindesigner and scraper2vdr appeared. This already has the possibility for custom filters displayed as dynamic menus which are defined in an XML structure. The data is stored in a database, the files are added to the database by a scanner thread. It has an own scraper and was able to display the information in skinnopacity. But for this skinnopacity was heavily patched and since I've stopped to update the patches (and now switched to skindesigner) this won't work anymore.

I'm planning to reactive this plugin (or make a rewrite from scratch and copy over the parts still needed) after vdr-mpv is in a stable state. I will use the now available interfaces to other plugins to fetch (scraper2vdr) and display (skindesigner) the information. For example I like the view from the plex plugin for the movies, and I also want to implement it like this.

• For jumping chapters I would suggest the keys 7 and 9
    This are used in VDR to jump between marks. In my use case I use them to jump over the advertisement that is automatically marked by a vdr plugin.

best regards
    soschnei

• The next/previous chapter will stay on the Next/Previous keys as default and using the config option you can set playlist to this.

I can move the pt_step from 1 and 3 to 7 and 9 if this is the wish and if the default is changed in setup menu the chapter will be moved to 7 and 9.

The target of mpv is to replay movie files and not audio, which will work also.

I wonder if you would organize your movies in playlist files and jump through them using the next and previous keys?

One thing I could also add is, when there is no chapter, the Next/Previous key will skip to next playlist item, but only as an optional which can be disabled in the setup menu.

• Moin,
    habe auch mal getestet.
    Bei funktioniert es super auch mit OSD.
    Jedoch wenn ich das laufende VIdeo mit Druck auf EXIT beende, friert der VDR ein.

Hab nur ich das Problem, woran könnte das liegen ?
    Danke
    Gruß
    moz

• Das kann noch durch den noch nicht ganz sauberen Shutdown passieren, wenn ein OSD aktiv ist. Das Problem ist, das ich das Osd nicht direkt sauber schliessen kann und VDR weiter versucht das Osd zu schreiben. In der Version wird das zwar schon an einigen Stellen abgefangen, aber noch nicht komplett (hatte gestern Abend auch einen Segfault). Ich bin derzeit noch dabei das alles etwas umzubauen und dann hoffentlich alle ungültigen Zugriffe für das Osd abzufangen.

Oder tritt es bei jedem Beenden auf? Falls ja nutzt du softhddevice oder ein anderes Ausgabe-Plugin? Kannst du, einen Backtrace posten falls es jedes mal passiert?

• Zitat

The target of mpv is to replay movie files and not audio, which will work also.

This is not really true, mpv-player was forked from mplayer2 (by many of the same devs) so changes could be adopted much quicker and without much care to backward compatibility for old systems. It's meant to be a full media player, not just a movie player. People use it for playing audio/mp3/mp4/flac just as much as they do anything else. If you have any doubt, just ask the mpv-player devs in #mpv on freenode irc!

Zitat

I wonder if you would organize your movies in playlist files and jump through them using the next and previous keys?

We use playlists in 3 ways here... For episodes in tv series, for music videos, and for audio playlists. Playlists are used very often in my house.

• Regarding the playlists. I've identified the following playlists file endings which I would insert the playlist filter in mpv for: m3u, ini, pls, txt

Are there more I didn't mentioned?

Here's something to consider.. I make a playlist and name it something like "favorites.playlist". Then I make a symlink from "favorites.shuffle.playlist" -> "favorites.playlist". Then in my mpv.sh script, if the filename ends with ".playlist", I add the "--playlist=" command line option. If the filename ends with ".shuffle.playlist", I add "--shuffle" to the command line. This method has worked very well for us using vdr-mplayer+mpv-player.

• This is not really true, mpv-player was forked from mplayer2 (by many of the same devs) so changes could be adopted much quicker and without much care to backward compatibility for old systems. It's meant to be a full media player, not just a movie player. People use it for playing audio/mp3/mp4/flac just as much as they do anything else. If you have any doubt, just ask the mpv-player devs in #mpv on freenode irc!

I think you misunterstood me here, I was talking about he vdr-mpv plugin in this case. Itwasn't clearly stated by me too.

We use playlists in 3 ways here... For episodes in tv series, for music videos, and for audio playlists. Playlists are used very often in my house.

Ok, for music videos and audio playlists i understand your need for the pt_step. But episodes of tv series may also have chapters in it.
    There will be an option (with is enabled by default) in the next version for handling this. If there are chapters the prev/next key will skip chapters, if there are no chapters they will skip playlist items.
    Another option is to exchange the playlist and chapter keys on the prev/next keys.

Ok, I will add the .playlist extension to the list. But I won't start to add special options based on tags in the filenames.

About a shuffle option I could imagine to add it to the filebrowser, e.g. if a playlist is started with Ok it's just played. If you use red (or another key which makes sense here) the shuffle option will be added to the mpv command line.

• Zitat

Ok, for music videos and audio playlists i understand your need for the pt_step. But episodes of tv series may also have chapters in it.
    There will be an option (with is enabled by default) in the next version for handling this. If there are chapters the prev/next key will skip chapters, if there are no chapters they will skip playlist items.
    Another option is to exchange the playlist and chapter keys on the prev/next keys.

That sounds like a good solution.

Zitat

Ok, I will add the .playlist extension to the list. But I won't start to add special options based on tags in the filenames.

About a shuffle option I could imagine to add it to the filebrowser, e.g. if a playlist is started with Ok it's just played. If you use red (or another key which makes sense here) the shuffle option will be added to the mpv command line.

That's good too, better than using tags in the filename!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!